(Aaban what's wrong with you? You wasted so much time. I saw love in your eyes from your childhood but you realised it so late. Do you really think Kaleem would listen? Don't you know how he is?)

Upon hearing his words, Aabans shoulders slouch in defeat.

"Kya karta mai Aghajaan? Hogayi ghalti. Derse ehsaas hua lekin hua toh sahi. Warna shayad mai usey khodeta!" His last words were in whispers which was clearly heard by everyone present in the room.

(What do I do? I know I am at fault here. I am very late but atleast I am here or else I would have lost her.)

Raza's eyes soften seeing his grandson's defeated posture.

He gets up and marches towards him.

"Barkhurdaar! Aapne pehli baar humse kuch maanga hain aur hum na dein? Aisa hosakta hai bhala? Aap befikr hojaiye! Kainaat aapki hokar rahegi aur aap kainaat ke! Ye hamara waada hain aapse." Aghajaan softly tells him, keeping his old frail hand on Aabans broad shoulder.

(Mister! For the first time you asked something from me and why won't I give it to you? How will I say no? You relax! Kainaat will be yours and only you will be Kainaat. This is my promise to you.)

He instantly looks up at his Aghajaan, completely baffled over what he said eight now!

"Kya?... " Aaban was still in shock, seeing his face everyone bursts out in laughter.

(What?...)

"Aaban! Wo keh rahe hain kainaat se tumhari shaadi karwayenge! Aur samjhau kya? " Ibrahim laughs in between and takes his brother in a tight hug.

(Aaban he is saying that he will get you married to Kianaat! Shall I elaborate it?)

A small yet genuine smile appears on Aabans face, as he looks over Ibrahims shoulder to see everyone smiling at him, except Kamran who was still glaring at him yet his eyes were filled with mischief.

He was more like a friend to the whole cousin army instead of an uncle.

His mothers eyes were filled with tears, tears of gratitude, happiness and ecstasy.

Aaban frowns and nods in no, motioning his mother not to cry, Saleema chuckles and wipes her tears.

"Lekin baba hum kaleem ko manayenge kaise? Aap usey bohot acchi tareeke se jaante haina! Wo nahi manega." Khalid questions his father in worry.

(But dad, how will we convince kaleem? You know him very well! He won't agree.)

"Pata hai beta! Nahi manega. Uske liye aap dono ko ek kaam karna padhega." Raza Ahmed motions his sons to take the seat while Aaban and Ibrahim was still standing.
Saleema left the room to check over the preparations.

(I know son! I know he won't agree. For that you will have to do something.)

"Aap dono ko apne shares nikalwaane honge kaleem ki company se lekin chupke se, kisi aur ke naam se nikalwaiye. Usko business me loss hoga toh hum apni kainaat ka haath maangenge Aaban ke liye in return for some investment." Aghajaan sighs painfully and pinches the bridge of his nose.

(You both pull out your shares from Kaleem's company but secretly, using someone else's name. He will face a great loss in business so then we will ask for Kainaat's hand for Aaban in exchange for some business investment.)

Oh! What all games he had to play to protect his granddaughter.

"Par abbu ye.." Kamran was hesitating to complete his sentence when Khalid beat him to it.

𝐇𝐚𝐬𝐫𝐚𝐭✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें