Wake Up Call

Nova's POV

It has been hours since Liam and I had parted our ways before getting out in the main street. But still, in this lone of my apartment his words were ringing in my head.
Was Harry that much hurt that he had to put on a façade?

Don’t you know? Haven’t you been through it?

My constant companion, my subconscious whispered.
Yeah. I knew. But it hurt to see it happening to someone like Harry. He was the cheekiest and adorable dork I’d ever thought of. Now watching him acting rude, and sour really broke my heart. I didn’t hate him for that. Never. Because I knew why he acted this way- to protect his heart from getting hurt again. I could feel the pain. I knew the pain.
Now that I knew the truth, the respect I felt towards him became more powerful.

And love?

There she went again.
Okay, yes I loved him too. But as my coworker. Jeez! C’mon! my subconscious needed a wakeup call. How was I supposed to give her that?
Well, I didn’t know about wakeup call but at that point I thought I should give her a name. What about the name Louis gave me- Megan fox? I was no Megan Fox from inside but, my subconscious was hell of a lot like her. Okay Miss Fox, you need to calm down so I can have a sound sleep.
                  *

I woke up to a different sound rather than my hideous alarm. It took me a bit to fathom that it was my ringtone. I rolled up from the comfort of my blanket. Who could be calling me this early?

“Hello.” I answered the phone followed by my loud yawn.
Whoever was on the other side didn’t interrupt my yawn.

“Hellooo, who is it?’’ I asked again.

“It’s Harry Styles. ”

“Harry who?” I yawned some more.

OH GOD! WAIT!

“ I’m so sorry, Harry. I... I … I didn’t recognize.”

Shit!

“It’s alright. I um... I’m at the studio right now. Can you come?” he said in his raspy voice.

God he sounded so sexy on the phone

Shut up Megan. Not right now!

“Um... now?”

I hesitated looking at the clock. It was too early. I thought I was late. But wait, today was off day.

“Yeah. I’m free right now. Did you forget about your guitar lesson?”
He asked. Clear.
CRAP! I actually did.

“No. Not at all. Just give me 10 minutes, I’ll be there.”

I hurried to my closet tucking the phone with my shoulder and ear.

“Alright.”

He cut the call. But how did he get my number? Oh yeah, they had all information about me.

Within 5 minutes I was done brushing my teeth and wearing my skirt and Ts. Don’t ask me how!
Skipping breakfast wasn’t as much of a big deal as keeping Harry Styles waiting was.
I hurried to the garage. Not for my car. You guessed it wrong. I grabbed my bicycle from the corner. It was a good decision to keep my bicycle. It was meant to be used this day.
I didn’t remember when was the last time I rode a bicycle. Maybe 3 years ago. My legs were bound to forget the skills. As a result, I fell from the cycle on my way. But it was on the muddy road of the damn haunted house. I was pretty good at the main street.

Wow great! Now my knees were bleeding. And my skirt wasn’t long enough to hide it. Add some crying emoji to that.

No I won’t cry. It’s okay.