14. Pie oh Pie

Beginne am Anfang

Lucky me that the only people live in this house were me and Pie. There's nothing much to be handle. I just need to wash the dishes, clean the cabinet and what was necessary. I am a hygienic freak. Surely everything needs to be clean and I was so glad that Pie could do her task successfully. I don't even tell her on how much clean I wanted this house should be but she already did it well. Good job Pie! Done with the kitchen, I decided to chillin' somewhere around our house. We have a quite huge swimming pool at the other wing of the bungalow. I don't know whether Pie had figured it out but I guessed she has.

Arranging my steps to the targeted spot, I saw Pie laid herself on the couch of our living room. What was she doing there? She covered her face with the small cushion and she jerked her legs furiously as if she was trying to swim or perhaps struggling to save herself from drowning? Oh Lord! Why you brought me to meet this weird and silly girl? Sometime her acts were so childish that I can't even understand how to cope with it. Somehow, she acted like a grown up lady with wise thought and judgement. Seriously, it puzzled me a lot. She complained to me that I have a bipolar disorder. Silly! I am not. Shouldn't we say that Pie was the one who had bipolar disorder? Perhaps.

As I decided not to interrupt her 'swimming' session, I walked myself to the pool. The calm night breeze brushed through all over my skin made me shivered a bit with the coldness. I breathed deeply, trying to relax. Even though our bungalow was located almost in the middle of this hectic city, the perfect landscape that Papa had chose for the house turned the supposed uncomfortable surrounding to be a cozy one. It's just sometimes we still can hear those honking sound of the cars and trucks but it's fine. We used to it already. Staring to spacious swimming pool, it had never been touched. No one has ever use it previously. This bungalow was just fully built when I were about to move in here with Pie. Papa asked his workers to speed up the progress as soon as possible after long years of being left stranded. He was so serious when he ordered Pie and me to live together. I took a spot at the edge of the pool. Slowly as not to make my brain shock with the sudden coldness, I lowered my legs gently into the water. Brrr.. It's indeed so cold yet refreshing. I wish it could wash away this burdened stress inside my head.

Fern. I didn't expect that she would come back here in Thailand after so many years she lived abroad. I could say that she left not by her willingness and it was all because of my PAPA. Back to the evening's chain of event, she must has misunderstood everything. Well, I am the one who made her think so. It hurt me to see how she held her hurtful feeling. All can be seen through her eyes. I wish I could stop and explain everything to her but no, I can't do that. I have Pie.

"Things are so complicated." I let out my thought to an audible voice. I was stuck in between so many things. Papa, the sealed agreement which I made with Pie, the annoying secretary at the office and now, the return of Fern to my life once again.

"What is so complicated?" A voice greeted me. There's no other person except Pie. Little did I do realize she already came to my side.

"May I have a seat?" She asked me. Without any hesitation I just nodded my approval to her. Pie gladly sat next to me. She did the same as I do where she lowered her short legs into the water. The girl giggled heartily when the cold water reached up to her knee. I told you. She's short.

"Why don't you sleep?" I asked her. She turned to look to me with her startled expression. Did I say something wrong to her?

"What are you doing here?" Instead of answering me, she threw me her question. Her eyes flutter with so much curiosity. By this time I just realized that she has a big round eyes but those eyes will squinted to perfect inverted crescent shape whenever she smiled.

It took me awhile to respond to her. I saw how she raised her brows playfully for a few times as if she tried to urge me to give an immediate answer. "Just to relax." I said short.