The Key to the Kingdom

Start from the beginning

While she was sitting by his side with the weird bible in her hands as he was laying on the bed in the small house in the woods.  

The wild werewolf Hayley, who was somehow a good hunter as well, left the bible for a while and managed to get him a wild rabbit and prepare him a broth to help with his raised temperature. 

Hayley"offering him the broth and helping him to drink": Here, drink this.  

Elijah inclined while still on his bed and took a sip of it but spitting it out immediately by a rough cough and Hayley could see at that moment how pale his face was and a glimpse of worry and sympathy appeared on her face.  

Elijah"politely": Forgive me. Please. 

Hayley"decently": It's okay.  

Then with a slight sense of humor to comfort him a bit she proceeded: Remind me to annihilate your brother once you're healthy.  

Elijah"joking back": Yes, remind me to remind you to get in line.  

Hayley"as she noticed how his forehead sweated badly": It doesn't help that we decided to shack up in a swamp either.  

She moved to the door and opened it and a delicate breeze entered the house and waved a fine tuft of her long brown hair as she sat by him.  

Hayley"kindly": Are you okay? 

Elijah: I'm fine. Please, just... return to your reading.  

Hayley"leafing through the book with disappointment": I went through the whole thing. It's just a regular Bible... With an entry in a family tree that may or may not be me. But, you know, I've been a little busy worrying about you. 

Elijah"praying": Hayley, please. This fever will make me unstable. And once the hallucinations begin, I'll start to see things. You must leave me here. 

Hayley"with a sad look on her forest green eyes": I'm not leaving you like this. 

But her face became alarmed instantly as she felt the movement of a wolf lurking through the woods outside the house so she hurried out of the house leaving Elijah a bit concerned by what she had just felt.

____________________

Nothing was ever more filthy and disgusting than betrayal and especially it was for someone's own blood. Rebekah who had lived for thousand years knew that well and never had loathed anything in her life more than betrayal and treachery but her brother's spite and wickedness made her loss her mind and betray him to rid herself of his burden and control over her even if it would be for a brief length of time. 

She had already given her word to Marcel to get prepared together with all his infuriated vampires to put an end to the invading threat to their kingdom while she directed herself ahead to some place where she could wash before her sin and someone to tell about her great and unforgivable savage treason to her own blood and nowhere was more convenient for the situation than a church and no one was more needed by her than a priest.