Back to a New Reality

The world faded in around you. The sounds of songbirds and wind against trees fills your ears. The smell of something horrid haunts your nose. You sit up and notice that your clothes are wet and cold. A horsefly flies straight into your face, buzzing annoyingly. You swat it, only to be disappointed by the appearance of yet another fly. Where on Earth are all these flies coming from?
A grave realization washes over you as your eyes finally adjust to the brightness of the scene. You let out a gasp and you scramble away from the mangled body, horrified. You try desperately to remember how this happened, while holding back vomit. Nothing. You had no memory of today or yesterday or perhaps even the day before that, you weren't even sure what today was.
"Hey (your name)!" You jump at the sound of a alien, yet mundane male voice calling to you from behind. You turn around; the voice belonged to a strange masculine figure in a full faced white mask, the feminine eye and mouth shapes outlined in black paint. "There you are! I've been looking all over for you."
You stare blankly at him. Fear filled every ounce of your body. You wanted to run, but shock had all but paralyzed you.
"(your name)? You okay?"
Mouth agape, you struggle to defend yourself and weakly raise a hand to fight — the picture of your own corpse rotting beside this one loomed over you.
"Right..." He walks up to you slowly, there was an uncertainty in his voice. Was it concern? Turning back in the direction he came, he stated. "It's almost time for our evaluations. If you're late, boss will for sure kill us both."
That threat was definitely enough to get you onto your feet. Maybe doing what this man says will spare my life. He led you through the woods for what seemed like an eternity. Out of nowhere; a house, no, a Mansion stood before you, the most majestic building you have ever seen. You stare in awe at the massive black estate as your feet carry you closer and closer. Two figures emerge from the trees just as you do; one wearing a gray and blue hoodie and the other wearing an orange hoodie. They, like the boy leading you to them, had some type of facial covering.
"(your name)!" the boy in the gray and blue hoodie raced over to you, mauling you into a hug. You try not to squirm away from him; not wanting to seem suspicious. The three friends were notably armed. Between tics, your hugger began babbling; "where have you been? We've been looking all over for you. We were so worried."
"Calm down, Toby," the masked boy grumbled. Toby. You remember that name. Somehow.
"Oh come on," Toby snorted.
The other male strode over, "h-hey (your name), how'd the mission go?" His voice was muffled by the black ski mask that covered his mouth, with its red eyes and stitched frown. Creepy. His orange hoody was slightly red stained, come to think of it, all of their clothes had red stains.
You were confused by what he meant by 'mission,' but as you did with the masked man, you simply acted as if you knew what was going on. Any of these people could be the boss after all. Don't. Get. Killed.
"Good. I suppose. Could've been better?" you blurt out. Because of his mask you couldn't see his reaction.
"Okay," he replied questioningly. He and the Masked Man exchanged glances, and headed for the mansion.
Toby followed; leaving you, you had no choice but to follow.