Chapter 7

Izuku POV

I'm going to get to the bottom of this, once and for all! After what happened at the ball last night, I don't believe it was dropped on the floor like that. Plus, the masked stranger looked like he was hiding something. Could he be behind this whole thing? Maybe... But the only way to find out is if I could go down to the village.

If only I didn't have any plans today, I could get by easily. What am I gonna do... I pondered while banging my head against the wall. It's already morning and I haven't gotten ready for the day yet, because I've been putting my mind on last night and the masked stranger won't get out of my head.

Ugh! What the hell's wrong with me?! Out of frustration, my hand clenched on a pillow and threw it over my bed, but it didn't make it over, more like close to the other end of the bed. "Agh!!" My whole body started rolling side to side on the bed, still frustrated about last night. "Stupid masked stranger!!!"

A light knock on the door echoed through the room, and I stopped whatever I was doing and paid attention to whoever was knocking on the door. "Your highness, are you okay? I heard you yelling down at the end of the hall, and I wanted to check up on you." It was just the maid.

"Yes, I'm fine! I just woke up from a bad dream, it's nothing to worry about!" I replied to her as I got out of the bed and stretched my arms and legs.

"That's good. Oh! I'm here to remind you that you'll be attending the departure for the king and queen this afternoon. I'm gonna come by and check up on you again, before you leave!" She explained.

"Thank you, I'll take care of things from here," the maid's footsteps sounded like she was getting farther and farther away from my room, until I couldn't hear her footsteps anymore. "I really don't want them to leave, yet. Personally, I enjoyed Monoma's parents' company, but now they're gonna be up and gone."

Why must the universe be against me? I put my hand in my hair to mess with it and left the closet to get changed in some clothes. Opening the closet door, there was already an outfit out for me to wear. A blue tunic, wait no, royal blue tunic. I am not wearing this fancy crap! Simple plain knights ruffle shirt. More comfortable, not too tight, and fits just right!

After putting on some pants and boots, I ruffled the wrinkles off my shirt and sighed as I walked out of the closet.

"Is that seriously what you're wearing?"

"Good morning to you too, Nighteye." He rolled his eyes at me for my sarcastic gesture and pushed his glasses up a bit with his finger. "How far behind am I?"

"Hm? Oh, not that long, just three minutes ahead of schedule." Nighteye wrote something down on the paper and looked back at me. "Now, on the itinerary, you will be spending time with Monoma, again. This is his schedule on what you two will be doing." He informed me as he handed me the schedule for the day.

"Let's see... brag to his fiancé at 11:00 after the king and queen depart, that'll be fun... 12:00 lunch with him and listen to him brag..."

"Basically, it's just me having to listen to his boring nonsense about how great he is, right?" Nighteye fiddled with the pen he has in his hand and slightly shook his head 'yes'. I let out an exaggerated sigh and flopped on the bed. "Do I have to do all of this?"

Nighteye gave me a blank look and looked back at my itinerary, "That's not really all, you and your sister will have a sleepover. But the thing about that is, you will have two of your friends over, and she'll have two of her friends over. Right after you and Momo went to bed, four people requested for a sleepover before the wedding. They're also gonna be the bridesmaids and groomsmen." He cleared his throat and took off his glasses and pushed them back up. "Now get off the bed and let's get going, we don't want to miss the King and Queen's departure."