1•6

"Okay, so what are you saying exactly?"

"Uff Arya! Pay attention! Bakwaas baand Karo apni!(shut up) There is this gala thing happening tonight which Aleyaan's company is throwing and I- no, we want you to come. Aleyaan and I both."

I keep on staring at my best friends face, hoping she will somehow succumb to my demands as well. Give me Zachariah and I might think about it," I say while, narrowing my eyes.

"He is with his father and besides, you spend the whole of yesterday with him! Today Aleyaan wanted to spend sometime with his son and they went to the park. Please come with me! This way you can get to know the corporate people and introduce them to your firm! Come on! Besides, you can take Zachariah all day tomorrow too, God knows I need a break!" She says and I start to cave as soon as I hear her proposition.

Maybe it won't be that bad. I mean, it can't, can it? No. Arya, do not listen to the she-devil. If she is wants me to go this bad, I am sure she is up to something.

"What are you up to, huh, Iman?" I ask suspiciously getting up from my place on her living room couch and standing in front of her.

"Nothing..."

"I can bet a million riyals it is! Tell me or I won't go," I say, placing a hand on my hip and straightening my glasses. When I'm serious, I tend to touch my glasses a lot.

"No! You have to! Don't be like this! Please, please, please come!" She pleads.

"If you have known me long enough, you know I won't until you give me something to go on."

"I can't mom! Besides, even if i wanted to Aleyaan didn't tell me any details, he said it's going to be a surprise and he wouldn't tell me even after all my badgering. So then I told him that he is going to be sleeping on the couch here, he told he he still wouldn't tell me, but, I could bring you along for company. So I agreed." Okay, now she is persuading me! Can she not use the best friend card for once! Ya Allah!

'Calm Arya, stay calm and do not let her get you to do this.'

'But, then a little socializing wouldn't hurt me. It could be a good way to introduce the firm in the field.'

I close my eyes and take deep breathes before I jump on the couch beside her.

"Okay, you win. I will come because I know how bored you'll be without my company," I say.

She rolls her eyes at my modesty and suddenly starts to run to her room. What the hell?

She comes back before I can even get up from my sitting position, her bag thrown over her shoulder and her keys in hand.

"Are we going shopping," I ask, although it sounds more like a statement.

"Yes, come on!" She walks out the door.

I roll my eyes, but follow her out with a smile none the less. She opens her car, her beautiful car, and both of us get in. No sooner I close my door, she speeds out on the street.

"Where-" I don't even complete my question before she interrupts.

"We are going to this amazing boutique which had the most beautiful dresses and gowns! I love it!" She squeaks and giggles.

"Fine but remember our deal. I am keeping my godson for the weekend."

"Weekend? But, I thought it was for a day! Oh God! Tum he rakh lo usko phir tou! Main aur Aleyaan thori vacation hi kar atay hain!" (Why don't you keep him them. Me and Aleyaan can go on a vacation then!)

I laugh and agree with her.

"Look I haven't seen my godson in three years. I will kill anyone who trys to keep him from me!" I say. Wait, what about-