1•3

I woke up to the aroma of coffee and the sound of Anita's horrible singing.

"Ugh! Anita! Stop it! Its too early for me to listen to your renditions of Taylor Swift!" I complain.

I turn back to try and get some sleep but the she-devil enters my room, singing on top of her voice. Groaning I try to tune out her voice but it gets hard when she practically singing one foot away from me.

"Oh my fuck! What did I do to deserve this punishment?!"

".... But loving him was red. Red. Oh burning red-" Oh God Lord!

"Anita I will torture you and kill you with a hammer!"

She immediately stops singing and the room is finally quite. Just as I'm about to sleep her voice brings me back.

"Then I'll just come and haunt you. Oh speaking of which, don't you have an interview today?"

"How does haunting me remind you of- Wait. Interview? Oh shit! Shit shit shit! "

Getting up from my bed I throw a quick glance to my clock, 07:00 am.
Good, I still have time.

I run to the bathroom, strip and go straight to the shower.
~~~~

"What time is it now?"

"Rya! Seriously! Its almost eight! Now hurry up, I made eggs," Anita's voice throws me in panic mode. Do I take an hour long to shower and get ready?

"I'll be out in five minutes!"

"That's what you said twenty minutes ago!"

Its official, I really need to get myself together! If I do get to this interview in time and by some miracle get the job, then I'll need to wake up early and possibly take a shower either very morning or night. Bloody, bloody hell!

Slipping on my black pump and taking a hold of my black bag I exit my room and make my way to the kitchen area.

"Finally! I thought Your Highness wasn't going to be here till Tuesday!"

"Um.... Isn't it Tuesday today?"

Anita looks at me like I've grown two heads! Isn't it? Well, I was never good with dates. I lost friends because I could not remember their birthdays. Not even going to joke about it.

"Its Thursday."

"Damn! Well, just hand me a toast and I'll be on my way," I say sipping on my water. I can't eat anything in the mornings. Never, its gross.

"Don't you have work today, Ani?"

"Nah. Boss gave me a day off and I am going out with John. He is picking me up at ten do to something. Figured I'd just clean by then and get ready," she says, all in a breath.

"Um, ten? Do I even need to ask?"

She just glares at me and hands me a toast.

"Yep, got it! Bye!"

I tear a piece of it and am running out the door before Ani can utter another word.

I get outside my apartment building, only to hold my coat closer to my body. The London air is cold and crisp and I already feel my hands numbing. Years in this place and I still haven't gotten used to the cold, well, given I do feel cold all the time.

I walk down the street, all the while calling out for a cab. After five minutes of shouting, one stops in front of me and I quickly get in.

"Where to Miss?" The cab driver, I recognize has a slight Asian accent. Someone front the subcontinent maybe?