"They knew what the risks were when they put on those wigs", Levi then said, keeping a keen eye on your friends below. "We'll just have to be quick to make sure they suffer less", he then said, giving you a quick look in the corner of his eyes. You gave him a nod, your movements feeling more determined now. The three of them got up a couple of rooftops in front of you. That meant the culprits have entered their hideout.

"They stopped in front of that building over there and took Armin and Jean inside. Looks like a merchants warehouse", Connie informed you once the three of you reached them. Levi walked over to the edge of the roof, scanning the place.

"Follow me, quietly", he said, stealthily manoeuvring his way on top of the warehouse. You quickly followed, Mikasa sneaking down to look through a window to assess the situation at hand. After a short while she got back on top of the roof with the rest of you, Sasha and Connie preparing for confrontation somewhere else.

"How's it going inside?", Levi asked her, scouting around the property of the building.

"If we don't hurry, they'll see through Armin's disguise", she said, and you cowered.

'I knew it... Those pigs are feeling him up'

"And I feel bad for him...", she added. That was probably hard to watch without being able to stop it...

"I see", Levi said, looking over at her.

"How's your leg? Any better?", she asked him. You had been nervous about him using his gear again after the injury, but he had reassured you multiple times that it wasn't anything to worry about.

"I can move well enough. It's not bad.", he answered, rubbing his knee slightly. "More importantly, these kidnappers; They are nothing but amateurs. Why would they be using guys like this?", Levi speculated before getting up to his feet. It must be time to move on to the next phase of the plan already.

"You can handle the rest on your own. Y/N, we're heading for Eren", Levi declared, and you rose up from the ground, Marco doing the same while grabbing your hand. You gave him a smile and a quick peck on the lips. Nowadays it was scary to split up, everything always feeling so uncertain and unsafe. You could never know when it would be the last time you saw one another, so you always made sure to acknowledge each other before separating. With that you walked over to Levi.

"Once you've dealt with the trash, come and meet up with us", Levi told the two of them. "And one more thing... I'll tell you, just in case, and tell Armin and them this too; From now on, we'll be fighting humans too, and not just titans"...

~

You and Levi had stopped in a narrow and dark alleyway, waiting a bit longer before continuing to rendezvous with the rest of Hange's squad. You were both silent for a bit before Levi suddenly decided to speak.

"So you and freckles?", he stated casually, not looking at you. You turned to face him abruptly.

'Why would he-? Oh, he must have seen the quick kiss just now'

"Uh, yeah..", you answered him modest, not really expecting him of all people to bring it up like that. "Why?", you asked shy but curious. His expression remained the same, you only noticed the tiniest hint of awkwardness in his face. He probably wasn't entirely comfortable talking about a subject such as this, but he brought it up, so you didn't feel bad for prying.

"No reason...", Levi said nonchalant, still looking towards the open street. "He's a good kid", he said after a while and you smiled at his words.

"I think so to", you answered sincere.