12

— Chapter Twelve —

It finally stopped raining around midday. This time it stayed sunny and Donghyuck stood up, careful as to not wake up Mark who was still fast asleep.

He limped outside, feeling better. He fulfilled his needs and realised that his leg was getting way better. Mark had been right, the cut must've healed quite good.

He really wanted to explore but knew he shouldn't. He didn't trust his leg enough yet. So instead he stayed close to the cave, mostly just cooking the meat which Mark had already cut. Donghyuck didn't know if he did it purposely, knowing Donghyuck didn't like the sight of dead animals but he liked to imagine so. He wanted Mark to be that caring but at the same time he told himself to not get delusional.

When the meat had finished cooking he ate it. It tasted bland, considering that there was no spices or anything. Donghyuck somewhat missed the fish as his meals. He had started to grow tired of the meat.

The sun had now risen above the trees surrounding them and was burning down on the man. Donghyuck, already feeling his skin burn, put on a T-shirt. Yes, he would sweat a lot but it was better than getting a painful sunburn.

Donghyuck, feeling extremely unproductive and out of him mind bored, started plucking leaves from the surrounding trees. He mindlessly played around with them, scrunching them up until they would crunch in his hand. With the green paste he drew onto the cave's outside walls. Since the process was tedious he started singing as well. He hadn't listened to any music obviously but still had some songs in his head.

He knew he had a little talent when it came to singing. Jeno once described his voice as "smooth like dripping honey" and ever since then Donghyuck would occasionally sing whenever they went out together.

A smile had spread over his face, subconsciously, at the memory of the old days that now seemed so far away. Back then he hadn't even known how good he lived. And now all he knew was the burning sun above his head, bland meat and a cave he had to share with a (not so much) stranger. Who admittedly he had given a blow job to but Donghyuck deliberately chose to not think about that.

A green scenery now decorated the stone, it was just Donghyuck as a stick figure on the beach but the man didn't mind his simplicity. He wasn't big on drawing anyway.

The whole time the sun had been burning down on him and his shirt was now soaked wet. He stretched himself and stood up, leaning against the wall for support. He tested standing on his hurt leg only and to his relief, it felt okay. Still a little wobbly but okay. It was a good sign.

He wiped the sweat off his forehead and entered the cave again. Mark had woken up but still laid in bed. He was staring at the ceiling and Donghyuck could see sweat glistening on his forehead as well.

"Your singing woke me up." the man said. Donghyuck tilted his head in an attempt to figure out his mood. He failed to do so but Mark's next comment gave it away.

"It was nice. You have a good singing voice."

Donghyuck smiled and replied "So I've been told. Whenever I go out with my friends they make me sing for them. It's funny to watch but they like it."

Mark hummed in response. He turned his head, a drop of sweat rolling down over his face. It was honestly way too hot in this cave, especially since space was limited and two bodies had to fit into the space.

"It's so humid today." Donghyuck said, not knowing how to start a conversation. Up until now they had mostly bickered and argued but Donghyuck figured Mark was not going to fight him today. Progress.