«𝐃𝐚𝐳𝐚𝐢 𝐎𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐮 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫»

Start from the beginning

"You want me to pay for it?" (Y/N) scoffed as she crossed her arms.

"Personally, I don't believe in gender stereotypes. I think that there shouldn't be a specific role for any gender." The brown haired man looked proud as he knew that his little gender equality speech was sure to woo the woman in front of him. It didn't.

"You were the one asking me out. There's no way I would be paying." (Y/N) gave him an unimpressed look before realising this was a patient that she was talking to. Straightening her posture, she tried to seem professional as she cleared her throat. "Come on, Mr Dazai. Let's get you into bed." She reached towards him to guide him back inside the room, only for him to step back himself, avoiding her touch.

"Trying to get me into bed, huh (Y/N)? I promise to give you a good time." Dazai plopped onto the hospital bed, patting his lap while smirking at me.

"As if, you bottom." (Y/N) rolled her eyes before once again remembering to be professional. "And don't be so familiar with me. It's Miss (L/N) to you."

"Ok." Dazai replied. "(Y/N)." She only sighed before turning around.

"I'm going to get you some food. I can trust you to not run away while I'm gone, right?"

"Yes, ma'am, boss lady." He gave her a cheeky grin and a thumbs up. Leaving the room, Dazai was once again left on his own. Waiting for a few minutes, he got ready for his second attempt of escaping, jumping off the bed and making his way towards the door. Just like before, he reached for the door handle only for the door to once again open itself, revealing the same nurse.

"Oh, hello again." Dazai offered his sweetest smile only to be met with a disappointed sigh.

"Did you not hear what I said? Stay. In. Bed," (Y/N) walked forwards, causing Dazai to take steps backwards until the back of his knees hit the edge of the hospital bed, making him plant his butt back on the creaky, thin mattress. "Here you go." She handed him the promised food.

"What is this?" Dazai wearily eyed the alleged 'food' he had been given.

"It's food."

"It's poison."

"It's hospital food."

"Just another term for poison."

"Take it or leave it, Mr Dazai." (Y/N) sighed before bringing the clipboard she held in her hands to her line of vision, briefly scanning the words written across it before focusing her attention back to the lanky man sat on the bed. "It seems like you're ready to be let out of here. Do you have anyone we could call to pick you up? Any family?"

"Nope." Was the short reply she got.

"Friends?" Dazai hesitated for a moment before giving the same reply. "What about that woman that brought you here?"

"What woman?" The brunette tried to rack through his brain to find someone who would bother bringing him to a hospital.

"The short, stubby old lady. She wears that weird feather coat."

"No!" Dazai cried, instantly recognising the description. "Please, not the landlord lady! Believe me when I say I don't get scared easily, but that woman. That woman scares me." Desperation filled the man as he was ready to get on his knees and beg that she isn't brought to him.

He's three months behind on his rent. She will murder him.

(Y/N) looked surprised at the scene before her before letting out a laugh.

"Don't laugh at me! You don't know what she's like!"

"But...But...She seemed so... sweet." The nurse could barely talk between her fits of laughter.

"That's what she wants you to think. Trust me, never judge a book by it's cover." The serious look on his face caused a new series of laughter to erupt from (Y/N). Sticking his tongue out at her, Dazai blew a raspberry at her. Calming down, the young woman scanned the man in front of her, eyeing the many bandages that wrapped itself around his body.

"You done checking me out, sweetheart?" The browned eyed man smirked, internally feeling insecure of the eyes that wondered over him.

"There's no way you can get home by yourself." She ignored his attempt at flirting.

"No problem, I've had to endure worse."

"Seriously? That isn't an excuse! Ok, give me ten minutes. My shifts about to end. I'm taking you home."

"Going with a complete stranger? Isn't that a little dangerous, you know stranger danger and all that." Dazai chuckled.

"You've endured worse, right?" (Y/N) used his own words against him, already making her way out of the door, leaving no room for arguments. For a third time that day, Dazai was left on his own in the room. However, this time he didn't try to escape.

Smiling to himself, he wanted to see how things would play out between the two.

----------------------------------------

(𝗔/𝗡)
𝗩𝗼𝘁𝗲, 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗲!
𝗜 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗲𝗻𝗷𝗼𝘆𝗲𝗱 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 <3