«𝐃𝐚𝐳𝐚𝐢 𝐎𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐮 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫»

(Nobody's POV)

(Nobody's POV)

People always forgot how beautiful this world really was.

Hues of pink and purple and orange painted the late evening sky, creating a mesmerizing masterpiece. No painting could ever compare to the art that was beheld at this moment to (Y/N) as she stood on the edge of a bridge, arms spread apart as if acting out the Titanic scene and breathing in deeply, basking in the serene atmosphere.

The salty smell of the ocean beneath her tickled her nose, reminding her of the times she spent at the beach when she was a young girl. The smell of the ocean was something she could never get tired of. However, compared to the playful waves that used to soak the coast, these waves crashed violently against the side of the bridge, threatening to bring it down if she didn't jump off herself.

The bridge she shakily stood on had been out of service for many years, unstable and unsafe for cars to drive on. That was good for (Y/N), no one would witness what the young woman was planning on doing to herself. Tears and clumps of mascara streamed continuously down her cheeks while sobs and hiccups escaped her, raking throughout her entire body.

She had to do this. There was no place for her in this world. Her hideous existence plagued the earth. Shuddering out one last shaky breath, she slowly brought forth a leg.

"WAIT!" Jolting, (Y/N) quickly pulled her leg back and looked towards the source of the voice. Wasn't this supposed to be an isolated bridge, a place no one has stepped on for years?

Through the blurry vision that the tears welling up inside her eyes had obscured, she managed to make out a tall lean figure running towards her, wavy brown locks of hair curling and bouncing atop of his head. She would have ignored him if not for the dozons of bandages that wrapped around every surface of his body attracting her attention.

"Don't try to stop me." (Y/N) slurred, clumsily clinging onto the metal railing next to her for support. Finally reaching her, the mysterious brunette grinned up at her.

"Why would I do such a silly thing?" He chuckled, using his slender limbs to climb up the railings and join the other woman to witness the scenery of Yokohama. "I'm here to join you in a double suicide."

"Huh?" (Y/N) asked, dumbfounded by the stranger's words.

"My name is Dazai Osamu and we are tragic but beautiful lovers meeting a tragic but beautiful end. Are you ready, my love?" The man grabbed the other's hand and interlocked their fingers together, sending her a loving gaze as if he had known her for years. (Y/N) blinked at him.

"Ew, no." She finally snapped out of her dazed state, drawing back her hand from the other's hold and wiped it against her clothes as if she had aquired germs from having contact with the man. Without the support of holding the bridge rails, she swayed a bit, almost slipping off the edge if not for the skinny arms that circled her waist.