Chapter Four

Edited by sweetmissirish

Chapter Four

“Faster Lexi! Come on, you can do better than this!”

Lexi clenched her teeth together to stop herself from saying something nasty to Chase as she ran past him. She watched as he looked down at the stopwatch and shook his head.

“Fine, you want me to go faster? I will show you faster.” She said before she picked up her pace. Her already burning leg muscles felt like they had just caught fire. She quickly ran the circuit and watched Chase’s face as he looked down at the stopwatch to check her time. Lexi knew that she could run fast, when she tried that was, but she just hated running around in an indoor track. Put her outside in the fresh air surrounded by trees and she is happy to run for miles, she just didn’t see the point in running indoors.

She kept her pace up, not bothering to push herself any more then she had. Since Chase was longer yelling at me, he must be happy with my pace.

“Ok Lexi, that’s enough for today. Go change into your bathers and meet me at the pool.”

“Yes!” She punched her hands in the air. She loved swimming, she could do laps for hours; she loved the feel of the cool water on her skin while she did laps, the sound of the water splashing every time she did a stroke. It was odd for a werewolf, most didn’t like the water, they preferred dry land. A lot even had a fear of water, which was one of the reasons the academy forced all Custodians to learn how to swim. She quickly raced into the female change rooms and ran up to her locker. Unlocking it she grabbed her one piece swimsuit and quickly put it on, followed by her swimming cap (making sure all her hair was tucked in underneath). After a quick check in the mirror, she wrapped a towel around her body, picked up her goggles and raced out to the swimming pool. She stopped in her tracks as soon as she reached the pool. Chase was standing beside the pool in just a pair of board shorts. Holy crap his body is Hot, Hot, Hot! The sound of someone clearing their throat got her attention. She looked up from Chase’s body to find him looking at her with one eyebrow raised, and a slight smirk on his lips. Oh yeah, he knows he’s hot, well payback’s a bitch. She let her towel drop.

“You know Chase, if you wanted to check out my body, all you had to do was ask. You didn’t need to bring me here.” She said raising her eyebrow at him, watching as he quickly looked away from her, clearing his throat again.

“Right, I want you to do the same as on the track. Do as many laps as you can in one hour.” She watched him walk over to one of the diving blocks and sit down.

Sighing, she put her goggles on and walked up to the swimming block next to Chase. She dove into the cool water allowing herself a moment to enjoy the feel of the water before she resurfaced and started doing laps. Lexi wasn’t sure how long she had been swimming for, when a loud whistle being blown stopped her mid stoke. She looked up to see Chase with a whistle in his mouth; he stopped blowing and allowed it to drop to his chest.

“Impressive, you’re the fastest wolf I’ve seen in the water, and I don’t think you were even trying.” Lexi attempted to shrug her shoulders while treading water.

“What can I say, I love to swim.”

“Ok, well, get out and get changed. You have an hour to get breakfast and meet me back here.” With that said, he walked away from the pool, leaving her there treading water. She swam over to the edge of the pool and lifted herself out; picking her towel up off the ground she headed for the change room and had a quick shower. As soon as she was out she dried her off, threw her clothes on, and raced for the elevator. Once she got to the ground floor, she headed for the cafeteria and went in. Noticing how packed it was, she looked around for Anne, saw her in line for food and made my way over.