Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Thirty Two

"You better get going, don't worry about the vamps I will do my best to keep them away from you" Lexi told Sam.

"That's suicide!" Chase said

Lexi shrugged her shoulders at him "It needs to be done."

"Why does it have to be you?" Chase asked her.

"Because I volunteered"

"No" Chase said shaking his head "We will just try and leave without you being a distraction"

Lexi let out a loud sigh "Look we are wasting time, Sam take the royals and go." She said looking at him. "I will see you when the sun comes up"

Sam wrapped Lexi in his arms "You don't have to do this you know?" He whispered in her ear.

"Yes I do, Anne is at the church and I have promised to always protect her, I can't leave her there surrounded by vamps"

Sam nodded his head "I will see you when the sun is up, don't you dare die on me." He told her.

"I will do my best not too" She told him. Not wanting to make any promises that she was not sure she could keep.

"This is such a bad idea" Chase said.

Lexi rubbed her temple with her hand getting annoyed with him "Why don't you go be with your parents and fiancée" She said before looking back at Sam "Go on get going"

She watched as Sam walked up to the royals and other custodians before walking off towards the front gate. "Lexi" Chase said softly beside her.

"Just go Chase, I don't want to hear it."

She glanced over at him when he didn't move "I.." He started to say but she held up and hand to stop him.

"Just go" She said turning away from him. She started to unbutton the shirt Alpha Redclaw had given to her. She dropped it on the ground with her stake before changing into her wolf. Picking up the stake in her mouth. She left the shirt on the ground and took off in the direction of the church, leaving Chase standing there.

She had no idea what she was going to do once she reached all the vamps, but that did not stop her from running towards them. She let out a piercing howl, which was partially muffled from having the stake in her mouth. When she was halfway there, letting them know she was there.

All at once they turned to look at her. "I will take care of her" She heard one of the vampires say. Before he walked away from the rest of them. "I'm still a little hungry"

"Hey why do you get her!" Another vampire said in protest. The both sneered at each other.

Ignoring them, Lexi continued to run as fast as she could. Turning off at the last minute to avoid colliding with a vamp, she turned back around and started running towards the administration building "She is getting away!" She heard a vampire shout.

Her ears picked up the sound of several pairs of feet running after her. Just before she reached the admin building, she dropped the stake and changed back into her human form. Picking up the stake, she turned to face the vampires running towards her. There were five of them.

Letting out a deep breath to calm her racing heart she started running towards them. Just as she reached them, she jumped in the air and shot out her leg kicking the vampire closes to her in the head. The momentum from the run had him flying back and landing on the ground. As soon as her feet touched the ground again she spun around to and swung her stake at the vamp next to her scratching him across the face with it, before turning to the one beside him she kicked him in the family jewels before shoving the stake between his ribs and plunging him in the heart. Ash rained on them as he disintegrated. Hands from behind her grabbed hold of both her arms before she felt the piercing pain of fangs entering her neck. Lexi cried out in pain. She knew the chances of surviving this was slim to none but she refused to give up just yet.