Chapter 8

Chapter 8

The next morning was bliss. Waking up in Lucifer's arms was everything Jessica had hoped it would be. He had clearly just woken up himself as he had bed hair and was rubbing his hand over his eye.

"Good morning." Jessica whispered, leaving a quick kiss on Lucifer's lips leaving him wanting more.

"Morning darling. You know, I think you're the first woman to have actually just slept in this bed. I've never done this before." He finished as the elevator dinged. That damned elevator seemed to interrupt everything. "I'll see who that is and be right back. Don't miss me too much." Lucifer said, a smirk plastered on his face at his last comment.

Jessica heard voices in the other room, a deep voice saying something about a test and 'brother'. Deciding to introduce herself, she grabbed a robe and walked into the main room.

"Ah brother, I don't believe you've met my new girlfriend. Jessica darling this is my prat of an older brother, Amenadiel." The man in question looked at Jessica in shock and horror. Was this another Candy Morningstar? At least Lucifer hadn't married this one.

"Nice to meet you. Brother can we talk?" Amenadiel said once he found his words.

"Well whatever you want to say can be said in front of Jessica here. We have no secrets do we darling?" Lucifer said, a smirk plastered on his face, Jessica saw through that though, he was really asking if she had any secrets she was keeping from him.

"Of course. I'm sure you can fill me in later though if your brother wants to talk?" Amenadiel was impressed at this one, she was much more natural than Candy was and she clearly cared about Lucifer without being clingy. It's a shame it wouldn't last, he couldn't help but think.

"Ugh, very well brother. Shall we?" Lucifer motioned to the balcony, pouring himself another drink.

"A girlfriend? Really Lucifer?" Amenadiel asked as soon as the door shut behind them.

"Yes brother, in truth, I wish we were more than that but in time." Amenadiel looked at him in shock.

"You really care about this human, don't you?"

"I have good reason to. Not only is she accepting of who I am but she..."

"Wait, you told her who you are? Luci, how careless could you really be?" Amenadiel had to keep himself from shouting.

"She would have found out eventually." Lucifer lifted up his shirt for Amenadiel to see his hip. "Besides, she worked it out. She's like a human lie detector, she can tell whether anyone is telling the truth or not. It's why she is such a good detective." Lucifer finished, pride in his voice.

"You found your soulmate? Luci, that's wonderful news! You definitely should have led with that." Suddenly, Lucifer's phone rang.

"It's the detective. I should probably take this. Detective, what do you need?" Lucifer answered his phone. As upset as he was with her for how she reacted about himself and Jessica last night, she was still his best friend and Jessica's cousin. There was no point avoiding her.

"A case? Well I need to check with a few people but I'll be there soon." Lucifer said. Amenadiel rolled his eyes, did Jessica know about the Devil and the Detective. Wait, Lucifer said that Jessica was a good detective, they must know each other.

"No of course she's not alright Detective. I'll see you soon." Lucifer finished abruptly, still unhappy at the whole situation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucifer and Jessica arrived at the crime scene together, having stopped by at Jessica's house for clothes first. Jessica wasn't happy about having to see her cousin so quickly, but Lucifer was Chloe's partner and as much as she hated it, she'd rather be there to help and keep an eye on the pair. She trusted Lucifer but right now, she trusted Chloe less.

"Firehawk Ranch Transformational Centre?" Lucifer said, walking up to where Chloe and Ella stood.

Ella spun around to say hi to Lucifer only to see a companion with him. Putting her camera down, she turned to the newcomer.

"Hi, I'm Ella, Ella Lopez. What's your name and how do you know Lucifer over there?" Ella said, giving her a hug, before looking at her cautiously.

"Jessica Decker. Nice to meet you?"

"Decker as in..." Ella said, turning slowly to look at Chloe where she was talking to Lucifer.

"Yep, she's my cousin but she isn't too happy with me right now so take what she says about me with a pinch of salt." The blonde girl warns. She wouldn't have any potential new friends scared off by her cousin. Not this time.

"Sooo. Ella, she drowned?" Chloe said loudly, drawing Ella's attention back to the case.

"Nope, stabbed, in her office upstairs."

"Murder weapon?" Jessica asked, crouching down by the body.

"Ooh, detective work clearly runs in the family." Ella said smiling at the two girls who scowled at each other.

"Ella, focus please." Chloe said sternly.

"Sorry, I'd say we're looking for a knife or a sharp tool with a 4-5 inch serated blade."

"Er, this so-called reform programme, claims to transform bad kids into good ones." The owner comes strolling over, I notice Chloe introduces herself and Lucifer, ignoring Ella and I. Lucifer was being over the top as usual while Ella and I continued to look at the body.

I couldn't pretend that Chloe's behaviour was upsetting. I had hoped that she would have calmed down after sleeping on it. I walked away with Ella, I liked the bubbly girl. It was a nice change to Chloe's attitude.

"So you and Lucifer, huh? What's going on there?" Ella said suggestively.

"We're," Jessica wondered how much to disclose to her new friend. "We're soulmates, Ella. We only recently found out when I came to visit Chloe."

"Ooh, good for you Chicka. I see how Lucifer looks at you, he's constantly checking to see if you're okay." Ella says, giving her a hug again.

"Thanks Ella, Chloe didn't take it well, which is why he's being especially over the top and grumpy. He did spend the night consoling me after all."

"Oh, I bet he did." Ella grinned, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Not like that you perv." The two girls laughed before turning to see where Lucifer and Chloe had walked off to.

"Eh, all in good time ey. I better get back to the precinct. You can come with and we can meet them there if you want?" Ella asked, almost nervous that she would reject her. Jessica got the impression that despite Ella's warm nature, she didn't have many friends in LA.

"I'd love to." The blonde answered quickly, walking towards the forensics van.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jess, you might want to check that out. Looks like lover boy is having a disagreement with your cousin."

By the time Jessica got over there, the two had separated and Lucifer had walked off, clearly with his own agenda. She didn't see him again until he brought a young guy in for questioning.

Lucifer seemed to have slipped into a dark place. As soon as he was out of the interrogation, Jessica pulled him into the evidence locker to talk.

"Lucifer, what is going on here?" Jessica asked, frustrated.

"Nothing, I'm fine." Lucifer argues.

"Yeah, right and I'm the Devil. You clearly believe that you are fine as you don't lie but something is off with you today."

"I guess, I'm just frustrated at the Detective. She doesn't get to be angry like this. It's not fair on you. On us."

"Hey, I'm okay. She'll calm down. Let's just go, your place?" Jessica reassured. Lucifer nodded, leading her out of the precinct.