Chapter 4

Chapter 4

It had been three days since Lucifer paid Jessica a visit, and she had finally bounced back. After a couple of days confused and conflicted, Jessica was throwing herself into looking after Trixie. She needed to do something and as she didn't work for the LAPD she had to find something else to make herself feel useful.

She had made her decision. Soulmates were rare. Incredibly so, she couldn't throw it all away because it didn't go how she planned. She needed to talk to Samael or should she call him Lucifer?

She had questions that needed answering and there was only one person who could answer her questions. She found the address in Chloe's phone and while she knew she probably shouldn't turn up unannounced but she didn't feel like she had a choice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arriving at the penthouse, she entered Lucifer's house. There he was at the bar, talking to someone on the phone called Mazikeen? As soon as the call ended she stepped into the light.

"Samael?" She said, quiet but confident.

"Jessica. Please call me Lucifer."

"Then please call me Jess." She responded. Lucifer merely nodded before another voice came from the shadows.

"Lucifer Morningstar. I know what you really are." Marcus Pierce spoke, coming into the light.

"Why is everyone in my penthouse today?! Who else is coming? Come out come out wherever you are?" Lucifer sang, clearly angry at the invasion of privacy.

"I'll just go..." Jessica said edging backwards towards the elevator.

"NO!" Both men shouted at her, Jessica freezing on the spot.

Jessica looked between the two as Lucifer said he was the devil, then they talked about the Sinnerman. Both growing angrier and angrier as the conversation went on. Pierce leaving in a huff.

"Right then darling, where were we?" Lucifer turned to me as the elevator dinged.

"I don't believe you're the Sinnerman. But I do think you are the Devil. I also know that you're my soulmate and Chloe's best friend so you can't be evil like they say you are. I also think I know who the Sinnerman is..." Jessica spieled off quickly as Lucifer poured two drinks, passing one to Jess.

"You don't know anything about me. I could be evil for all you know." Lucifer said, a stone cold expression on his face.

"You're right, I know nothing about you. But I want to? You only get one soulmate in life, if at all. I'm not willing to throw that away."

"Why are you so trusting? I'm the Devil, I could kill you right now if I wanted to."

"But you don't want to. You haven't, you didn't even kill Pierce, not that I would have stopped you there. Show me. Show me that you're evil and I will walk out of here right now. But know this, I want to give whatever this could become a shot. The ball is in your court now Lucifer." Jessica said passionately. Lucifer just stared at her in shock.

"I can't show you right now. Someone stole my Devil face. That's why I want to find the Sinnerman." Jessica scoffed.

"A face doesn't make you evil Lucifer. A face won't scare me away." It was Lucifer's turn to scoff now.

"You haven't seen it. It would scare you if you saw it. It's hideous."

"I'm not saying it wouldn't scare me, but I am saying it won't make me run. I'm not willing to give up on this that easily. I know there isn't much at the moment, Lucifer, but there could be? I know you feel the connection or you wouldn't have come to our house the other day." Lucifer stayed silent at that, his soulmate was stubborn that was for sure.

"Why do you believe that I'm even the Devil?" He said after a few minutes.

"Some people call me a human lie detector, it's why I'm such a good detective back in England. I get nothing but honesty from you, you could just believe you are but the name on my hip say's Samael and you call yourself Lucifer Morningstar. Yes, Lucifer could be a pseudonym but the mark doesn't lie. Your name is, or was, Samael. I believe you Lucifer." Lucifer was flooded with emotion, he lurched forward and pressed his lips against Jessica's.

The kiss was soft, full of emotion and passion, but soft. Like Lucifer was terrified he would scare her away. It was Lucifer's turn for a singular tear to escape this time. He pulled away and wiped it quickly before she could notice, but it was there nonetheless.

Lucifer moved forward to kiss her again, gentle but harder than the first. When they broke apart again, Jessica whispered to him, foreheads still touching.

"I believe in you Lucifer."