Chapter 1

A/N: Soulmate AU but not Deckerstar in the way that you expect. Lucifer's Devilnapping happened a few weeks ago and Pierce hasn't made his appearance yet. MATURE RATING FOR LATER CHAPTERS! On with the story!

Chapter 1

"Detective Chloe Jane Decker." A blonde woman with a British accent called, strolling into the LAPD. Silence fell upon the entire homicide department as the confident woman continued her pursuit. Eyes followed her every move while all other eyes were on the Detective in question.

"Detective Jessica Cara Decker." The American stated, walking towards her. The two looked at each other, stony expressions on both faces before they cracked running towards each other ending in a hug.

The department gradually regained a sense of normality, whispers following the women from all but Chloe's ex-husband. Dan simply rolled his eyes and got back to work, instantly recognising the girl hugging the mother of his child.

"What are you doing here?" Chloe hissed at her cousin, pretending to be angry.

"Cut the crap Chlo'. You know you missed me." It was Chloe's turn to roll her eyes this time. "Let's just say an old colleague is going to walk down those stairs any day now. You'll find out in due course. Anyway," She lowered her voice pulling her cousin into the interrogation room. "This appeared as soon as I crossed into the Los Angeles boundary." She rolled her shirt up to show a name written in cursive on her hip.

"No way! Is that..." The elder of the two asked.

"My soulmark? Yeah." Jessica answered suddenly less confident than the show she had put on in the middle of the department.

"Show me again?" Chloe said, tugging at her cousin's shirt. "Samael? Who names their kid Samael... I might have a lead."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mmmm, Lucifer..." A brunette girl moaned, clinging to the dark haired man in the penthouse of Lux. "Wait what's that?" She sobered up, looking at a mark on the club owners hip.

"What are you talking about darling? Nothing you've not seen before. We have had sex before."

"No it's different. It looks like a tattoo." Lucifer rushed up and off of the girl clad only in lingerie. Rushing to the mirror Lucifer looks at his hip and sure enough 'Brittany' wasn't lying. A name had appeared. Lucifer was at a loss for words. He knew exactly what that meant, but he had thought that it was impossible for him.

Throwing a tiny dress at his company, he pushed her into the lift, muttering to himself. Ignoring her protests he pressed the button for the ground floor before turning around and pacing the penthouse.

Soulmarks were rare. They only appeared when your soulmate entered a certain radius around you, usually that of the city, but not everyone had one. Being the Devil, Lucifer had only presumed that he would be one of the unlucky ones. As far as he knew only one of his siblings had a soulmark and that was the only celestial he knew of to have received one.

Everyone knew about them, even humans. Father's way of manipulating people by literally making someone for a particular person to fall in love with. Lucifer would even go so far as hoping to have never got one. Of course the opposite would happen.

Lucifer was torn. On the one hand, he loved the idea of someone made for him. Someone predisposed to love him and only him. Yet he couldn't help but feel that this was simply another manipulation by his father. One that couldn't be ignored.

After three whole days of pacing around the penthouse, ignoring the detectives calls, he finally made his decision. He wouldn't go looking for his soulmate but if she found him, he'd reassess. He wasn't ruling anything out but he wasn't going to actively look for her. Settled at last, Lucifer went to sleep for the first time in three days, looking forward to going back to normal tomorrow with the detective. Or so he thought...