"Shit!" You held your nose and burrowed your face in his shoulder. "Y/n! Are you okay!"

"Mf you didn't even count down! That was too fast!" You got up and he gave you a tissue. "I'm sorry."

"Shit, if you think about going in the medical field, don't. Your patients will probably be dead." You grumbled as you wiped the excess that dripped.

"Sorry! Here." He said as he put it in the other side. "3..2..1," He counted this time, but even if you braced for it, it was still fast.

You wiped the excess again.

"So can I?" You looked up at him, "Can you what?" You queried.

"Can I please be your friend this year? Please!" He begged as he placed his hands on your waist.

"Why butterflies?" You thought to yourself. It was weird from the way he touched you, you wanted to shout yes. But you still hated him.

Kinda.

Fuck it.

"Sure, I guess." You saw his smile grow from ear to ear. It was almost contagious.

But it dropped as he got closer to your face. He grabbed your chin, and you could feel your face heating up. "Yo? What are you doing?" You asked.

He pulled your face down a little more and rubbed the bridge of your nose. Once he did you sucked in sharply.

"It hurts! Why would you do that."

"He broke skin." He said still focused on your nose. You didn't know how to respond to that.

"C'mon." He said, you got off of him as he held your hands. He led you back to the counter and grabbed an alcohol swab and a bandaid that were set out.

He ripped open the packet, "Are you ready? It's going to sting." You nodded your head as the smell of alcohol filled your head.

"There go my brain cells dying."

As soon as he rubbed the swab on your nose you closed your eyes from the sting. Once he was done you watched him open the bandaid. He was so careful as he chewed on his bottom lip.

He turned back to you and placed the bandaid across your nose. Softly.

"I take it back brat, your patients might not die after all!" He looked you in the eyes still chewing his bottom lip and laughed.

"Why butterflies?"

[•]

"Y'ALL-

- ARE FINALLY TOGETHER!" Your Mom squealed.

"Mom, NO-"

After leaving the nurses office you told Rengoku that you wasn't going back into the gym. It was already mad embarrassing getting hit in the face, so walking back was going to be even more embarrassing.