Chapter 571- 575

Chapter 571 - Reasons for Marriage

The location of the horse breeding operation had been very carefully chosen. It was within a valley. During the autumn, the area was protected from the chilly, biting winds on all four sides, so the grass here was especially green and tender. A small pure creek criss-crossed its way through the area and there were a few spirited horses leisurely eating grass by the side of the water with their tails idly swishing.

Yu Xiaocao stood on the soft as carpet grass and next to her was a pure date-red horse that was gently butting her arm with her head from time to time. In the past, when Little Red had been sent to this stud farm, she had already been pregnant for four to five months. It had been almost half a year since she last saw her master. She used her pair of bright, watery eyes to stare at her master in an aggrieved manner, as if she was trying to ask why she had been abandoned for so long.

However, at this time, Xiaocao's attention was taken up entirely by a little black colt who was next to Little Red. The little fellow, who hadn't reached three months in age yet, looked quite sturdy and he had graceful and handsome lines.

Perhaps it was because Xiaocao's body gave off the scent of mystic-stone water, but this usually arrogant and proud little colt wasn't the least bit afraid of this new stranger. In fact, he pushed away his mother, Little Red, and stretched out his neck to touch Xiaocao. His pair of large, limpid eyes curiously regarded this strange human in front of it.

Xiaocao retrieved a piece of rock sugar from her embroidered pouch and dipped it into some mystic-stone water before delivering it in front of the little fellow's face. The little black colt's eyes immediately lit up with interest. This was the tantalizing smell that was in his food every day and it was more irresistible than oats and bean fodder. How could the little horse possibly reject such delicious smelling food? However, by the time he reached his head forward, a long tongue curled forward, around the sugar lump, and the tasty snack in front of him had disappeared!

The little black colt stood there stupidly for a second and then raised his head. He discovered that the owner of that tongue was his own beloved mother! Wah wah wah... The other foals had mothers who truly loved their children. Every day, those mares would use their tongues to help wash their offsprings' fur. However, his mother, other than trying to steal food from him, was like a stranger. No! She was even worse than a stranger.

Whenever he tried to get closer to his mother, his mother would always step away in disdain. Every day, when it was time for him to drink milk, if it weren't for the farm hands doing their best to placate his mother, then he would have long starved to death.

Fortunately, when he got a little bit older, the grooms added food for him. However, whenever it was time to eat, his mother would run over and try to steal his food. The stable hands saw how pitiful he was, so they would always add some more for him later. As he was small, he ate at a slower pace. Thus, when his mother finished eating the food she had stolen, she would always run over to eat his share again.

Wah wah wah...now it was the same again! His mother had stolen that sweet-smelling piece of candy from that human little girl from him! Was he not his mother's true son? He must have been picked up from the side of the road, wah wah wah...

The little black colt's jet black eyes seemed to be shining with wet tears as he wretchedly watched as Little Red chewed on the lump of rock candy with relish. He looked quite pitiful and pathetic at this moment!

Little Red truly didn't like that black furred son of hers. If she hadn't lost control of herself and allowed Fierce Wind to take advantage of her, she wouldn't have gotten pregnant with this fellow and been sent to this godforsaken place, in the middle of nowhere, as a result.