Chapter 321- 325

Chapter 321 – New Year Greetings

Because they stayed up too late playing, the Yu family's breakfast was later than usual but it was still a lot earlier compared to families who normally got up at around 10 in the morning for breakfast.

Madam Zhao estimated the time that Second Brother-in-law and Second Sister-in-law would finish their breakfast before taking the children over for New Year's greetings. Madam Li took a look out the window, pushed her son toward outside signaling with her mouth and said, "Heizi, go with your aunt to your Second Uncle's house to give New Year greetings. Didn't you say that your job as a full-time worker was given to you by Brother Six based on Xiaocao's reputation? Take advantage of the New Year's to go thank them."

Madam Li was very calculating. If she'd really wanted to thank others, why didn't she tell him to go to their house with a gift before New Year's? Instead, she waited until New Year's Day to have Heizi to go to their house to give greetings. Those who haven't married were all considered children and can get New Year's money. Was this thanking them or asking them for New Year's money?

Heizi didn't think that much of it. Having a better relationship with Second Uncle's family wasn't a loss. He opened the door and said to Madam Zhao, "Wait for me Aunt. I'm coming with you guys to go to Second Uncle's house for New Year greetings."

Madam Zhao didn't like Madam Li taking advantage of others to earn easy money. Thus, she didn't like Heizi as a result, even if he already learned to be good. However, since the younger family member already said it, then she would seem too petty if she refused, so she nodded and took her young son back to the room to wait. It was too cold outside, and she didn't want Doudou to freeze.

Heizi quickly washed, put on a half-new coat that didn't have patches on it and went out. Madam Zhao took her child and half-walked, half-slipped to the foot of the West Mountains. There was a slope on the way to the old residence and it had just snowed, which made it harder to walk. Madam Zhao could barely take care of herself, much less a child as well.

Heizi saw that his aunt was struggling with walking, picked up Doudou and placed him on his shoulder and said with a smile, "Aunt, I'll go ahead with Doudou. You take your time behind us and don't fall"

Little Doudou who was sitting on Heizi's shoulders, giggled. Madam Zhao saw this and was frightened, "You be careful, don't slip..."

Heizi ran as if he was flying up the slope and then jogged the rest of the way to the Yu Family's old residence. Normally, he was busy working at the wharf, leaving early and returning late. He seldom had the chance to go to Second Uncle's house. He would take advantage of the break he got for New Years to come more often.

He wouldn't be like his mother or father. One of them only silently listened to his wife, while the other one only wanted to take advantage of others and was refused at the door. As relatives, they should have better relationships. Brother Six had said that Second Uncle's family will definitely flourish in the future. He didn't want to go up and benefit from their association, but who could guarantee nothing would happen in the future? Having one more rich relative was never a bad thing!

Before long, he had taken his little cousin up to the old residence. Before stepping through the door, Little Doudou happily shouted, "Older Brother Shitou, Doudou has come to play with you! Older Sister Xiaocao, can you take me on the sleigh today?"

The two families, who were just about to eat breakfast put down their chopsticks upon hearing the sound. Madam Liu came out of the house and was a bit surprised to see Heizi, but soon recovered with a warm smile, "Heizi came? Come in and get warm. Little Doudou, where your Mother? She didn't come?"