Chapter 181- 185

Chapter 181 – Treating a Meal

Linglong and Zhenzhu looked at each other. It seemed like Miss Yu was highly regarded within the madam's heart ah! At least, she had surpassed the madam's niece, the young miss who had lived with the Fang Family for several years. They reminded each other with their eyes: In the future, they absolutely could not neglect or have any contempt for the adopted young miss!

However, Yu Xiaocao said embarrassingly, "Godmother, I'm not a child anymore. I should walk myself and not tire you out."

"How much do you weigh? I can even carry a hundred catty sandbag with ease at home. Even carrying something that weighs three times as much as you do won't wear me out!" Lady Fang put Xiaocao on the bed and helped her take off her jacket like she was taking care of an infant.

"I'll do it myself..." Yu Xiaocao blushed with shame and took off her outer garment. But her movements were too big, and she accidentally pulled at the wounds on her back, causing her to grit her teeth in pain.

"You ah, stop trying to be brave!" Lady Fang pressed her down onto the bed and lifted up her snow-white inner garment. She saw an obvious and hideous dark purple bruise on her nearly transparent, fair back.

Not only was Lady Fang extremely heartbroken, but Linglong and Zhenzhu also gasped in shock. It must be so painful ah! Had it been another little girl, she would have definitely cried out loudly in pain a long time ago. Yet the young miss had been holding back the pain and amusing the madam so that she wouldn't be angry...

Lady Fang had brought along a small medicine box. She took out a delicate porcelain bottle from her small medicine box, which was a bottle of 'bruise soothing powder' bestowed by the emperor. She carefully poured some of the powder onto her palm and gently covered the bruise on the slender back with her hand. For the bruise soothing powder to be effective, it was necessary to use some strength to relieve the acupuncture points and dissolve the bruise. Lady Fang was afraid that the little girl couldn't endure the pain, so she first gently massaged before gradually increasing her strength.

At first, Yu Xiaocao hissed as she sucked in a breath of cold air. Then she wailed sorrowfully, "It hurts, hurts, hurts... be more gentle. Godmother, please be more gentle!"

"Endure it for a bit. If I don't use some strength, it won't be effective..." Lady Fang tenderly comforted her, but she didn't reduce the strength in her hands. Yu Xiaocao continued to scream and flail her limbs vigorously, hitting the bed loudly.

Linglong and Zhenzhu lowered their heads and tried to hold back their laughter. At this time, the young miss looked like a fish out of water. Her unpretentious appearance looked really cute.

Xia Furong gnashed her teeth and stared enviously at the whining brat. Her paternal aunt was so biased. When she first came to the General Estate, she was only seven to eight years old and her aunt's most intimate action was to hold her hands and touch her head. But how can this dirty rural girl let her aunt hold her in her arms and personally apply medication for her?! The bruise soothing powder was awarded by the emperor, and it would be difficult to obtain on the market even with a thousand pieces of gold. How was that wretch worthy of such a precious thing?

However, Yu Xiaocao didn't want this honor at all. She was only a little bruised. When she got home, she could just let the little divine stone blow a breath of celestial air on her back and everything would be fine. Why did she have to suffer like this for no reason ah!

Lady Fang giggled, patted the little girl's restless butt, and daunted, "Behave! Be careful not to hurt your arms and legs. If they get bruised, you'll have to suffer again."