Naturally, those nomad tribes who lived on the central plains constantly eyed the empire. During winter, they would often come to raid. Thus, how could they possibly trade their best horses away to their future enemy? Even if the Great Ming Empire was occasionally able to get one to two good horses, after generations of breeding, the quality of the animals had naturally become more average...

Zhu Junyang was determined to create a set of elite troops that could sweep away anything. Thus, he was naturally very anxious to find a way to supply his men with good horses, right? Yu Xiaocao could vaguely sense through those dark eyes of his a bit of desire and hope.

She clenched her two hands into fists and made a decision. It was always him silently helping and protecting her all of these years. Feelings naturally didn't only exist from one side. It was time for her to sacrifice something for him now!

A brilliant smile blossomed on her face and Yu Xiaocao's bright eyes met that handsome and manly face, "As long as you need me and as long as I can do it, I absolutely will help you with all I can!!"

The two of them stared at each other for a long time and they both revealed happy smiles. Zhu Junyang leaned over on his horse and gently raised that delicate and small body into his arms. He embraced her soft and lovely body into his chest and muttered in a deep voice, "Cao'er, meeting you was the luckiest moment of my life!"

"Young Miss!" The two of them suddenly heard Yingchun shrilly shouting next to her. Apparently, without noticing, their two horses had wandered back to the vicinity of the temporary imperial residence and they had been seen by the two maidservants.

Xiaocao felt a bit uncomfortable under the accusing looks of her maids. Zhu Junyang chuckled lightly and she could feel the chest behind her rumble. She couldn't help but reach out a hand to grab some flesh from his waist and cruelly pinch down. It seemed like he didn't have an extra ounce of flesh on his waist, so even her hand felt tired trying to pinch down on his rock-hard muscle. The fellow seemed to not feel anything either.

"If this prince doesn't let you down soon, do you think your loyal and protective little maidservant will come up here and try to rip me apart?" Zhu Junyang's voice was full of mirth, "Argh...such a pity, I wanted to hold onto you for longer ah! Xiaocao is so soft and fragrant. It feels so nice to hug you..."

Yu Xiaocao forcefully jabbed back her elbow and hit that fellow's steel-like abdomen. She growled angrily, "Do you think I'm a toy ah? That you can hug me whenever you want? Let me go, this maiden wants to get down!"

Zhu Junyang easily jumped off his horse. He held onto the little lass's thin waist and slightly raised her a bit before finally putting her down, "You're too skinny. I could probably snap your waist in two with one hand. In the future, you're not allowed to be picky with food. You need to eat more, especially more meat..."

"Are you done ah? You're like a nagging housewife! I don't have time to pay attention to you!" Yu Xiaocao raised her nose up high in a spoiled manner and shook off his hands as she headed towards the temporary imperial residence in large strides. She left with a parting sentence, "When your horse-breeding center has opened, remember to tell me. I will go over and help you a bit. I have a lucky star guiding me and I'm extremely lucky. What's wrong with lending you a bit of luck ah?"

Zhu Junyang watched as the little lass's figure slowly disappeared in the distance and a slight sense of happiness washed over him. Although the little lass didn't tell her secret to him, from what she was telling him, she could absolutely be of great help in breeding better horses. The clever little girl must have understood his ambitions and would do her best to help him reach his goals!

Right now, the first thing he needed to do was find a 'expert horse breeder' to help cover for the little lass. Hm...last time, in battle, he had saved someone who had a mix of Han and Tartar blood. It was said that this guy had helped the Tartars raise their horses. Mhm! He would be perfect for the role!