~ Twenty One ~

Magsimula sa umpisa

The first half of the show went by quickly, and it definitely took my mind off of the Harry situation. Ruth Langsford

"So, our final topic of the day is co-parenting... It's not a surprise to many when I say that this can be extremely difficult, especially in this day and age. This is something we have spoken about on Loose Women before, but with a different panel. So I was wondering what your thoughts are on the matter." There was a moment of silence before I decided to speak up.

"Co-parenting is something I've never been able to experience personally. I know how it can work and how it doesn't necessarily work.  I think it's something that needs extensive planning, with precise needs. Both parents need to put the effort in, in order for it to work."

"For our audience, why is this something you've never experienced?" Yeah... Thanks Ruth for the hard hitting question.

"I've spoken about this quite a bit on my YouTube channel, especially this past month where I've been sitting down and answering questions. So, this is not something I hide. My mum left when I was pretty young, so I've been brought up by my amazing dad, he didn't have any help apart from having a babysitter or child minder whilst he was at work. So I've not experienced it from that aspect. But, then there's also my son's father isn't in the picture, it was his decision when I found out I was expecting and he hasn't come forward since then either. Completely his choice. So I've brought my son up with only the help of family and friends. So I don't have the experience from that aspect-"

"So how do you know that it does or doesn't work for people, if you've never experienced it?"

"Good question Janet..." Janet Street Porter, another regular panelist for loose women, one who speaks he mind and doesn't give two shots about it. "My best friend co-parents her twin girls with he ex husband. When he puts his fair share of effort  in the co parenting works, but when he doesn't it all goes askew. She has to change her plans, to suit him, which isn't fair on her."

"I agree, I co-parent with my ex, as does How with his ex. It's never easy, because plans can change so quick, so when it does come to planning something, Joe and I never set it in stone, just in case." I knew Stacey would be able to relate to Harper's situation, we've had plenty of conversations about the annoyance this causes.

"Eamon has three children from his previous marriage, so of course I've seen how co parenting works, but I can definitely relate to the not setting plans in stone." Ruth and Eamon have a child together, well he's a teenager now, but I can imagine it was difficult to get into the motions of co parenting early in their relationship.

"Well that's all we have time for today, we hope you enjoyed the show and we'll see you again tomorrow." The four of us waved to the cameras before the producer announced that the show was rapped up and we were free to go. However, Janet had a different idea.

"I personally don't see why you would have children if you weren't going to stay with your partner." I stopped in my spot, turning back towards Janet, shooting her a questioning look.

"Do you really think that any of us got into a relationship to have a child and not stay with the child's father?" Although I have worked on Loose Women for a couple of years now, I've not been on many episodes with Janet, but I know that she likes to stir the pot with her thoughts and opinions.

"Yes, that's why I don't have any children."

"But that's also why you have been married four times to different men Janet. So please keep your opinions to yourself when it comes to our children and their fathers." Admittedly, I did stoop down to her level, but with already not being in the happiest of moods, I couldn't help myself with biting back. Thankfully, Stacey pulled me away and back to our shared dressing room.

"Girl, you just told Janet to keep her opinions to herself! Be prepared for some hot shit thrown your way." I laughed, knowing she's right, but also feeling proud of myself for standing up to her old fashioned views.

"Oh god, I know. I just couldn't help myself." We linked arms as we returned to the dressing room. But all I could think about is what I need to do that fix this situation.

~ Harry's POV ~

Forty five minutes ago I had received a message from Simon asking for me to come to his flat as soon as possible. There was no reason why, just that I had to get to his. So when I was knocking on the front door to his flat, it was no surprise that he opened it almost straight away.

"Hey man, thanks for coming. Come in, come in." I smiled at him, but I'm pretty sure it came out slightly forced. He led me into the lounge, telling me to take a seat.

"What's up?" Cutting right to the chase, I wanted to know what was so important that I needed to get here quick.

"What's going on with you?" Recoiling slightly, my eyebrows furrowed as I sent him a questioning look.

"What? What do you mean what's going on with me? Nothing..."

"So why am I being told by Tal that I have to ask you why you're being a dick? Her words, not mine. I genuinely have no idea what's going on, but if I don't ask then she said there will be consequences... And I don't want to find out what they are, you get me?" I nodded, sniggering about how whipped he is.

"Well I haven't done anything to Talia, so I don't know why she's calling me a dick. So I have no idea what she's on about." He groaned, falling back against the sofa, pulling at his hair in frustration.

"Let me call her real quick, I need more information if she wants me to get some answers." With that he left, walking towards his room to call her, leaving me to my own devices.

After ten minutes of aimlessly scrolling through my apps, he returned to his place on the sofa.

"You're an idiot, man!"

"Wha- what the fuck do you mean! Why am I an idiot?" I was stating to get annoyed now. Calling me over to not have any idea why, then calling me an idiot?

"Sophia is great! She's got on with every one of the lads you have introduced her to, she's made friends with the girls- to the point that they all have been to her house now- and you've near enough gone M.I.A on her. Not to mention that you love spending time with both her and her son. So... What wrong with you?" Oh Christ, I was not expecting this when I got the message at mid-day.

"I don't know..." He stood from the opposite side of the sofa, coming over to sit next to me, smacking me over the back of the head whilst he was at it. "Ya bastard! No need for violence, fucking hell."

"Tell me what's going on then!"

"I don't know what you want me to say... I got scared? I don't know what I'm doing! I can't just about look after myself, how am I supposed to-"

"Woah, woah, woah... Steady on. You've not been ask to be a dad or anything like that. If Sophia had any problem with you then she wouldn't have you around her kid, yeah?" He was right, of course he was! Why I get so in my own head, I don't know.

"You think I should go see her?"

"Of course! It's pretty rare to find someone that you click with the way you have with both Sophia and Cormac. Go enjoy yourself Harry, you deserve to be happy too, ya know."

Yeah... I do deserve to be happy too.

Word count- 1947

Shorter than the last chapter, and a bit of a filler but the next will be a good one!

Thanks for the reads, votes and comments everyone!