THE CALL

This takes place after the events of the movieIt had been almost two months since the explosion that had put your beloved friend, Tadashi Hamada, into a coma.

........................................

It had been a week and a half since Tadashi had awoken from his coma and returned home to his aunt Cass and brother Hiro. He had been a little shocked to find that he had been in a coma for almost two months but soon fell back into a comfortable rhythm.You felt a little uncomfortable being around him now that he was awake. While he was in his coma you had seen him as often as possible, telling him how much you missed him, how much you wanted him back home, how much you needed him to be alright. You had basically poured you heart out to him and he couldn't even remember any of it when he woke up. Your heart sank as you remembered when you became angry with him."Why won't you wake up! I need you Tadashi! You asked me on a date before this happened! And we canceled so you could help Hiro remember!" You plead tears rolling off your cheeks "I need you to wake up the hell up Tadashi! I can't live without you! I love you!""Hey (Y/n)? (Y/n)? Snap out of it already," Gogo waved her hand in front of your face trying to get your attention."What? Oh sorry Gogo I was just thinking..." You mumbled. She and Honey had invited you to go shopping hoeing it would raise your spirits."(Y/n), it's okay. We couldn't imagine what your going through right now," Honey said looking through the racks of sun dresses "But Tadashi's worried about you he keeps asking why you won't pick up his calls,"You sighed a little "It's stupid I shouldn't be like this," You gripped.Gogo pulled your phone out of your pocket and handed it to you "Then tell him that!" She exclaimed "He misses you! Tadashi thinks you don't like him anymore!"You stared at her then the phone before sighing and heading toward the bathroom. You locked yourself in and dialed in the number that you had memorized better than your own. You felt your heart sink into your chest as you heard the automated ringing.A voice from the other end of the call spoke "Hey (Y/n)!" Tadashi greeted cheerfully "I didn't think you'd call! I've missed you so much!" Your through tightened and your mouth went dry "(Y/n)? Aren't you going to say something?" You had begun crying again holding in your sobs as you heard Tadashi's voice lose it's cheerful tone "(Y/n) say something! Please! I haven't heard from you in almost a week!" You tried to speak but you couldn't form words and a while later Tadashi spoke defeated "I'm hanging up... B-""Please don't leave!" You exclaimed your voice showing your true emotions as you let go of a powerful sob "Please don't leave me again!" You whispered hoarsely.Tadashi was silent before asking you quietly as if the whole world could hear your conversation "Are you crying?"Even thought he couldn't see you, you nodded before whining "Yes!"Tadashi's voice now held a softer tone "Oh (Y/n)... I'm sorry... Aunt Cass told me about you coming into to visit me everyday... She told me she found you crying some days too...""I'm afraid of losing you Tadashi... I'm sorry for not calling! I'm sorry for not coming over to see you! I just keep seeing you lying in that stupid bed! Not moving! You looked like a corpse Tadashi!" You exclaimed trying to remove the tears in your eyes."It's okay (Y/n)... I'm alright... I'm okay..." You heard him laugh "I still owe you that date too..." You laughed at how he still remembered the date you had set up all those weeks ago "The university's holding a out door screening of Hellboy tomorrow night... Would you like to go with me?"You were shocked and sniffled before smiling more brightly as you had in weeks "Yes! I'd love to!"Tadashi chucked a little on the other end of the call "Alright! Bye (Y/n) I love you," You blushed deeply when you heard him hang up on the other end. Had he realized what he had just said? You went to open the door a little stunned but happy none the less. However when you opened the door Gogo and Honey fell onto the bathroom door. Having been leaning on it to eavesdrop on your conversation.You looked at them with a raised eyebrow Honey blushed before improvising "Um... We wanted you to try on a dress...?