Part 12

"We're dropping out of hyperspace now, strap in," said a young man. The young woman obliged without a word and strapped herself into the seat as the man did the same.

"Do you really think this is such a good idea? I mean both of us mysteriously going on leave at the same time?" Asked the woman.

"I don't know, and frankly I don't care anymore. I just want to be with you and her, my family."

~~~

Ahsoka was awoken by a knock on her door, but she didn't want to get up so she just rolled over a groaned. The knock came again, not moving or open wing her eyes Ahsoka mumbled an incoherent sentence. The knock came a third time, causing Ahsoka to groan again and roll out of the bed, wincing as she did. Her pains had become even worse and more frequent, she was likely to be giving birth any day now.

Upon reaching the door, she opened it and came face to face with Bialy. "Good morning Mistress Ahsoka," Bialy chimed in her usual cheerful attitude, "I hope I did not wake you, but Master Lux has something important he would like to show you."

Yeah you did wake me up, Ahsoka thought to herself, but she was not as mad anymore. No, she was more curious as to what Lux wanted to show her. "Well if it's that important why didn't he come get me?"

"I-I don't kn-know," Bialy stammered.

Ahsoka giggled. "Relax Bialy, I'm just messing with you. I know he's very busy. Where is he? I am curious to see what he has to show me."

"He is outside in the courtyard," Bialy replied. Ahsoka thanked Bialy with a bow, which the woman returned. It was now time for Ahsoka to make the walk to the courtyard. A couple months ago it would be an easy walk, she'd be there in less than a minute, but now, with the pregnancy being so far along and the pain being close to unbearable, she had to take it slow.

Upon finally reaching the courtyard, Ahsoka saw Lux facing away from her, but upon hearing her waddle up behind him, he turned around to face her with a smile. "Good morning beautiful."

"Well I don't feel very beautiful right now. Look at me I'm pregnant and can't even walk down the stairs without needing to stop to catch my breath," Ahsoka said sadly looking down to the ground

Lux strode over to his girlfriend and grabbed her chin lightly, bathing her head up so her eyes met his. "Listen to me Ahsoka Tano. No matter what you look like, whether you're pregnant or not, even if you just gained weight, nothing, nothing at all, could change the fact that you are the single most beautiful, gorgeous, amazing girl I have ever laid eyes on. There's no one else I'd rather be with. I love you."

Ahsoka immediately smiled and felt tears well up in her eyes, but she quickly wiped them away. "Oh Lux I don't know what I'd do without you. I love you too." Ahsoka proceeded to wrap her arms around Lux's neck and kiss him passionately. Lux wrapped his arms around Ahsoka's waist, pulling her in closer to him and deepening the kiss.

However, before the kiss could progress any further, a gagging sound was heard from behind them. This was quickly followed by the sound of someone being hit on the arm and said person giving off a muffled oww.

The two quickly parted in embarrassment for being caught. When Ahsoka turned around, she couldn't believe who it was. She ran, well not really, more like waddled at a semi-fast pace, to the man and woman wrapped them into a tight hug. The two returned the hug and for a moment everything felt right for them.

"Hey Snips."

"Master, wha-why are you here, and why is Padme here too and—" Ahsoka paused when she realized something about Padme, something kind of tough to miss. "OH MY FORCE PADME! When did this happen, how did this happen?!?!"