Jungkook who had been told off leaned against his car and lit a cigarette. When he thought about the lightly timid yet somewhat impatient look on her face, he could not help but laugh. He did not want to leave.

The two of them had been together for two weeks now, throughout which Lisa had always been very considerate towards him. Moreover, she was even more feminine than he had expected as she insisted on making him breakfast every morning. When the weather got hot or cold, she would remind him to pay attention to it. Even when they were being intimate, she would cooperate submissively. Sometimes, she would even take the initiative even though they were still stuck in the kissing-hugging stage.

She was neither bashful nor pretentious. Instead, she was so straightforward and sincere that it made his heart ache. Most of the time, she would try to do everything that a boyfriend should do, which often made Jungkook quite amused.

Nonetheless, Jungkook knew that he was still far away from truly winning Lisa's heart.

Jungkook seemed to be introverted and calm, but he was actually a very controlling person. Back when he was a young upstart who had just left Beijing to venture into Lin City's police industry, one could immediately tell that he was a young and eager person.

His attitude towards his work was the same towards his partner.

He wanted to dominate Lisa.

That kind of dominance was not that he strived to be superior to Lisa or for her to lose her independence. No, he liked her independence and appreciated her strength. He just hoped that one day, his woman would be physically and mentally obsessed with him. His ideal state of love is when two people are so in love that they were irreplaceable to each other. Whenever he thought about this, his desire to "possess" Lisa likewise grew.

Although Lisa liked him, she seemed to treat love the same she treated her work and studies. She would plan and invest everything step-by-step in a very calm and composed manner.

It looked like there were still many battles ahead if he wanted Lisa to fall even more deeply in love with him.

Jungkook continued to stand there for a while. By now, more and more students started entering the school building, and several leaders of the academy had also arrived.

Jungkook knew them, so they chatted for a while and one of them asked, "Captain Ji, why did you come here today?"

Jungkook glanced at the special notice on the wall and smiled. "I came to run some errands, but I've already completed them. I'm very interested in the topic of the conference today. Is it okay if I sit in for the talk?"

The conference started right on time and the multimedia hall which could accommodate hundreds of people was filled to the brim.

Lisa thought that Jungkook had already left, so she focused on sitting in the work area to prepare for the talk as she was set to be the first one to go on the stage to give her special report. However, before she went on stage, the host introduced all the leaders present. The host was especially excited and honored when he introduced one of the leaders that had apparently been invited at the last minute. "The captain of the City Criminal Police Unit, Captain Jungkook! Give Captain Jungkook a round of applause to welcome him."

The lights were shining brightly, and Lisa who had originally planned to ignore Jungkook had her plan completely ruined as she looked down and saw him seated smack in the middle of the first row, which was the most eye-catching position. He was looking at her standing under the spotlight whilst staring at her unblinkingly.

Lisa performed fairly well. She presented the whole report clearly and with an expressionless look on her face.When she stepped down from the stage, her junior quickly walked up to her. "Senior sister... drink some water, don't be nervous."

Lisa shrugged. "I'm not nervous."

Her junior brother looked back at her bright red face. "Oh."

The conference was nearing its end when Jungkook was unexpectedly invited to the stage to answer the questions asked by the students. Naturally, he was not able to decline the request.

Initially, Lisa had lowered her head and did not want to look at him. Nonetheless, when she heard him concisely answer a few professional questions with his low and powerful voice, she could not help but stare at him as the crowd applauded.

He wore a long-sleeved casual T-shirt and he stood up straight on the stage. He had a solemn look on his face, a sharp gaze in his eyes and a cold aura around him which absolutely captivated everyone's attention.

Lisa stared at him for a while, then she decided to forgive him for exploiting the public talk for his own interest and flirting with her in public.

Ten minutes after the conference ended, Lisa got into Jungkook's car.

Taehyung was holding an engagement party with his girlfriend in a hotel that night and he had invited all his colleagues from the police station to attend.

Because there were colleagues from other departments, Lisa went ahead first after parking the car in order to avoid any suspicion. Jungkook saw her carrying a big bag and asked, "Do you want to leave it in the car?"

Lisa shook her head. "I have to change my outfit."

Jungkook looked at the black suit that she was wearing and thought that it was only appropriate to change it, so he did not pay it too much attention. He sat in the car for a while before making his way inside slowly.

The ceremony was held in the hotel's open-air garden and the quiet night was interrupted by the dazzling faerie lights coupled with the revel of partygoers. There were many people around, and when Jungkook scanned the area, he saw nothing but gorgeously dressed men and women. Jungkook stood at the entrance for a while but unfortunately, was not able to spot Lisa. As he was doing this, Da Hu, Old Wu and the rest who were sitting in the front row of beach chairs suddenly called out for him.

Jungkook walked over there and sat down. Then, Da Hu nudged him in the ribs and whispered softly, "She's wearing a dress."

🌙