On the day both parties' representatives signed the contract, Jaehyun personally called his new shareholder.

The wealthy businessman who had the surname Chen picked up the call. His tone was very easy-going, so Jaehyun did not feel too pressured. After chatting for a short while, Jaehyun could not help but ask, "Why were you willing to believe in me?"

Mr. Chen smiled and said, "Not every young man has experienced falling from the top of a mountain to the bottom of the valley like you."

There was only bitterness in his heart. He remained silent for a moment and answered, "Thank you. I will not let you down."

He was in such a desperate situation, but he had thankfully been snatched from the jaws of death. Now began the long and arduous journey back to the top.

In the past, Jaehyun's life was all about money, power, and the drive for profit. Now, the once young and frivolous young man had his life flipped upside down: family, love, business, finance, everything came crashing down as he shouldered the heavy burden of the Jung Group - everything else became insignificant.

🌙

On a Saturday afternoon, the sun was shining brightly. Lin City was peaceful as usual whilst the streets were packed with carefree men and women.

Jungkook had a cup of tea and a box of takeaway in hand as he sat in the empty office by himself while he casually surfed the internet.

Old Wu had something to do, so he went to the office that day. When he saw Jungkook, he smiled and asked, "Why aren't you spending time with your girlfriend today?"

Jungkook would love to spend time with her. As a criminal police officer, normally he would be extremely busy when he was working on a case and would not have any spare time at all. Since he now had the chance to relax for a few days, he would naturally want to be with Lisa to hone and strengthen their relationship. Nonetheless, Lisa was busier than him and she often disappeared on the weekends.

After Old Wu left, Jungkook continued to sit in the office for a while. Then, he simply picked up his car keys and drove over to visit Lisa who was in the police academy.

The trees swayed around coyly as people came and went around the brown academy building. Jungkook walked around the building, and he easily found Lisa working in a small office.

Lisa was here today to fulfill her lecturer's request to attend a special report conference in the academy. While she was preparing the conference materials, she was a little taken aback by the sudden appearance of Jungkook. Even so, she frowned at him and said, "The conference will begin in a while and it will be at least three hours long."

Jungkook sat in front of her calmly and said, "No worries, I'm also interested in the topic of the conference, so I'll listen to the talk while I'm at it."

Since this was his decision, Lisa ignored him and continued with her work.

Jungkook picked up the documents on the table, flipped through and thought, 'I'm probably not very interested in the long-term plan and technological application of the secondary criminal psychology database.' Thus, he simply folded his hands behind his head and looked at his girlfriend.

Lisa wore a black blazer today, probably due to the fact that she was here today to attend a professional conference. The deep colors accentuated her fair, snow-like skin. Meanwhile, perhaps because she had stayed in the office for too long, but her tiny face was now a little red. Her soft short hair fell lazily on her forehead and she looked kind of absent-mindedly cute...

Lisa suddenly looked up at him and her face seemed to get redder. She frowned and said, "Can you leave for now? I will be distracted if you're here."