One Last Ride

AUTHOR

"Everything looks good here, hun! The baby is healthy and growing. Querían saber el género hoy?" Doctor Gonzalez asked as she examined Sofia's sonogram.
(Did you guys want to know the gender today)

Sofia looks at Matteo with confusion. "What did she ask?" She whispers with confusion to him.
Matteo giggles. "sí, sí, Doctor. Realmente nos encantaría!" He replies to Doctor Gonzalez.
( Yes, yes, Doctor. We would really love to)

"Ai, ella no habla español I see?" The Doctor asked as she grinned.
(She doesn't speak Spanish I see?)

(I'm afraid not, Miss)
"Me temo que no, señorita." Matteo quietly laughs as he looks back at Sofia.

"Congratulations, it looks like you're having a girl!" Doctor Gonzalez said as she looked at Sofia's sonogram for a second time.

"HAH! I was right." Sofia exclaimed as she smiled with her fists in the air.

No response...

"Matteo?" She asked.

Sofia looked over to Matteo to see him wiping the gentle tears from his eyes. He had never felt this much joy in his life! He didn't care what the gender was of the baby, all he cared about at that moment was that he was going to be a father. He couldn't help but to think of the first time he and Sofia had met, how incredibly messy and dangerous it was. How they got from there to here, together as a couple having a little baby girl. Matteo knew his father would be so proud of him.

"Are you crying?" She asked.

"I'm just so happy. I love you mi Reina." Matteo smiled while holding her hand. Sofia gripped on tight to his hand and held it with love and warmth.

"Did you want any pictures today?" Doctor Gonzalez asked.

"Yes please!" They both answered.

"Okay now, remember to keep taking your daily vitamins. Keep an eye out for lots of movement as you now transition into your third trimester." Doctor Gonzalez reminded as she wiped the gel off of Sofia's stomach.

Matteo had ordered someone to bring around the car to the front of the doctor's office so Sofia would feel more comfortable. They had still been living in Mexico away from Victoria, away from everything. They wanted to stay safe and eventually build a home there for their family.

"Come in close babe." Matteo asked, leaning in towards Sofia smiling, while holding his phone up for a photo. Sofia held up her sonogram photo reading "It's a girl!" and smiled.

"Now Aléjandria will see just how happy we were in this moment, knowing what we knew

"Now Aléjandria will see just how happy we were in this moment, knowing what we knew." Matteo says holding his smile. This was a moment they'd cherish forever!

"Aléjandria?" Sofia asked as her nose scrunched up with confusion, along with a grin. "You've been thinking about names now huh?"

"I was thinking of asking you what you thought of it. Aléjandro was my father's name, as you know,  and when I thought we were having a boy, I thought of honouring him by naming my son after my father. Now that we're having a girl, I'm more excited to modify it into a more feminine way. Aléjandria sounds so beautiful and has an "ia" ending, which includes you in it also. This name would match her so perfectly." Matteo boasted with emotion.