Old Habits Become Routine Part:2

MATTEO

This whole day, I thought about Sofia. I got lucky this time, I can't mess this one up. I drove straight to the warehouse to plan a meeting. We still had Geovani on the loose and we don't know his plans. I know Sofia would never agree to this but, she doesn't know how dangerous he really is. As I entered the warehouse while pulling my tinted glasses off, I see nobody.
"Marco? Marcel? Sebastian? Ramo-" I asked.

"What the hell?" I asked as I threw my arms to the sides of my body with annoyance.
They do know that we had a meeting today right? We still had business to handle. Coincident or not, my phone started to ring. It better have been one of them, it was Ramone!

"Care to explain as to where you all are?" I asked. "Did you forget we have a meeting?"

"Matteo, Matteo I-I was halfway to the warehouse when I remembered I forgot the tracker stuff..." Ramone stuttered.
"Okay, calm down Ramone just tell me what happened."

I walked inside the front door...there has been an attack!" Ramone cried. "They shot them Matteo, all of them. Marcel, Georgino, Pablo! They even killed Nicolas." Ramone continued to panic.

Ramone was devastated for all of our lost mafia men, but he really cared for one. His love, Nicolas and him have been together for five years. I've seen second-hand how they make each other feel. It doesn't help to hope that Sofia and I would have what they had...
"W-what about Sebastian? Where was he?" I asked.

"He's here, Matteo." Ramone replied. 

"Oh my god!" I yelled.

I heard the words attack and shot and instantly triggered a flashback. Suddenly, I was a little kid again witnessing my father shot dead on the ground. I was a little boy, standing above my very own father in our living room. He was drowning in his pool of blood as he took his last breaths. His eyes only focused on mine.

"Sofia! Where's Sofia?" I yelled as my heart broke, snapping back to reality.

"I- I don't know, I don't see her anywhere."Ramone stuttered.

"FUCK! Ramone please. Look for her I can't let anything happen to her!" I cried as I threw my phone from my ear, onto the floor with anger.My Sofia. What have I done? I left and she warned me...

AUTHOR

Matteo drove as fast as he could, breaking multiple laws to get to his love. His head circled with so much emotion and spiralled into a dark thought. "What if she was killed?" he'd ask himself.

He kept picturing his father lying dead, with a bullet hole through his body. "C'mon not again. I can't go through this again!" he cried as he smacked his hand against the wheel, drowning with deep regret. Matteo had been so far from his house, he couldn't help but blame himself for the recent events. He tried to get back as fast as he could. But was it too late?

Soon enough he was home. The adrenaline built through his veins, as did his fear. He didn't waste a breath as he ran inside looking for her.

"Sofia!" he cried, bursting through the front door.

"Sofia, please!"

He ran to his room immediately, it looked the same as it did before he left. He passed Ramone cradling Nicolas in his arms just below the stairs. My heart broke for him, but Sofia was my number one priority.

MATTEO
"Come on!" I yelled throwing anything insight.

As I sat on my bed, just before I barricaded my head into my hands, I saw it. It was Sofia's phone lying beside my bed reaching halfway to the couch. I pieced two and two together and realized that she was in danger. It was obvious she was trying to reach her phone from behind this couch and call for help. I decided to pick it up and at least tell Geovani. He was my enemy, but Sofia was his daughter. I go to turn it on when I see it. The phone had already been on. She was trying to text me!