Chapter sixteen: Friends

Izuku watched with shallow breaths, black spots dancing across his line of sight. He was hit hard and was losing consciousness. The battle with All Might was lasting several minutes now. He was angry. Angry at himself for making a stupid mistake, but also angry at All Might. How dare that bastard even try to worry about him?

That didn't mean that he wasn't worried himself mind you. He may have wanted All Might to rot in hell along with Psy-Storm and that bitch Izumi, but he knew just how influential and powerful he was. Which is why he couldn't be selfish. For as much of a bastard he was, the world still needed him. What bothered Izuku, was that he was losing.

From where he was sitting, it looked like he wasn't even fighting back, just trying to mitigate as much damage from Nomu's punches as possible. If All Might died, there was a good chance they were next but he just couldn't bring himself to hope for his victory. He wanted him to suffer!

Regardless, his thoughts mattered naught as soon as there was a shift in All Might demeanor. Izuku couldn't tell but something flashed through All Might's eyes. Then he started fighting back with the strength and vigor he had in his prime. Shigaraki taunted the hero, assured of his victory yet All Might agreed with his words. This surprised Izuku, but not as much as what he said next.

"You said he has Shock Absorption! Not Nullification! That means there's a limit to how much he can take! Built to fight me in my prime you said?! At 100% of my power?! Well then, I'll just have to go beyond that!" All Might shouted as his fists battered Nomu.

What surprised Izuku first is that All Might for once actually used that thick skull of his and found a way to fight back. Considering that all he ever did was run up to a villain, yell "SMASH" and they were down meant that he never needed to think strategically. Yet what he said next put Izuku deep into thought.

"I'LL HAVE TO GO BEYOND! PLUS... ULTRA!" All Might shouted, landing a devastating blow to Nomu's stomach, before transitioning into an uppercut which blew him out of the facility, blowing a hole into the U.S.J.'s roof in the process. 'Go beyond... Plus Ultra huh...? That's not... A bad... Idea... I wonder if... That applies to... Quirkless people... Guess I'll... Find... Out...' Izuku thought, before he was claimed by the darkness and fell unconscious.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"THIS PLACE WILL BE YOUR GRAVE! ALL MIGHT!" Shigaraki yelled as he charged forward, extending his arm towards the weakened pro. Right as his hand was about to touch All Might, a rifle shot rang out. Before anyone knew what had happened, Shigaraki stumbled, before clutching his arm.

Blood dripped to the floor. It was then that All Might realized that he was shot. "They're here!" All Might muttered as several more rifle rounds flew towards Shigaraki, hitting him in his other arm and both legs, before he fell to the ground, afterwhich Kurogiri shielded him with mist.

"I apologize that we couldn't arrive sooner. I gathered up all the teachers and made my way here as soon as possible." The one and only, Principal Nezu said, riding Vlad King's shoulders.

"EVERYONE! I, TENYA IIDA, YOUR CLASS PRESIDENT HAS RETURNED WITH REINFORCEMENTS!" Iida shouted from the entrance, flanked by the U.A. staff.

From here on, the heroes quickly dispatched the villains. Snipe, aside from incapacitating Shigaraki, did the same with any higher profile villains around the U.S.J., such as the villain who was jamming the signal to call for backup, who was located in the Mountain zone..

Some of the villains who regrouped and tried to rush the heroes from the bottom of the stairs leading to the entrance, were swiftly taken care of via Present Mic, who shouted "YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH" while activating his quirk, knocking down most of the villains.