Chapter fourteen: Survive

To say the situation was bad was an understatement. To start it off, U.A., the most prestigious hero school in Japan if not the whole world, was under attack by a group calling themselves the 'League of Villains'. The thought was almost unthinkable to any sane person. The defenses, the skill of the heroes teaching at the establishment, it was theoretically impossible for something like this to happen. Yet it was and musing about the how's and why's would only get Izuku killed. He shouldn't have even been surprised. After All Might began to teach here he should have known something would happen.

Izuku shook his head violently to clear his thoughts. Now was the worst time to be thinking about that. Right now he had a villain to deal with, one at that he admitted might be a tough fight. While appearance didn't necessarily translate into skill and experience, he would be a fool to let his guard down and underestimate his opponent. He had to gather more intel on his opponent. When that was done, he could figure out some way to deal with them before moving on and regrouping with his classmate.

First off, Izuku had already established the basics of her quirk. When he saw the villain seemingly telepathically tear off concrete and cement from the roof of the building they were on, the rubble levitated and surrounded the villain almost like armor. That meant her quirk was either a magnet for rock like material at the very least, or, she could manipulate said materials almost like telekinesis and simply chose to use it for the purpose she demonstrated earlier. Izuku wouldn't put it past a villain to throw away an obvious advantage for fun but it was also possible that the villain was smarter than met the eye and was keeping her cards hidden.

"Ha! What's wrong?! You're so scared you can't even say anything? THIS'LL BE FUN!" The villain screamed, right as she charged at Izuku.

Izuku immediately reacted, jumping to the side as the villains' hardened fist met concrete, decimating the area where he once stood. He noted that the rock used to create makeshift armor also cracked and chipped at the blow but any debris that fell simply flew right back into place.

Another wild swing, a left hook this time made its way towards Izuku. Thinking quickly, the hero-in-training jumped up and over the strike, twisting his body in preparation to land back on his feet. As soon as he did, he noted that the villain was wide open and used the opening to his advantage.

"Damnit kid, STAY STILL!" The villain roared, but lacking the reaction time and reflexes to follow up with another attack.

He bent his knees and with incredible force, jumped into the air, launching himself at the villains face. He flipped in mid air right as he was to make contact with the villain, his feet smashing into the top of the villains head from above, delivering a devastating blow. The villain stumbled back a few feet before shaking off the pain and refocusing on her objective to rip the pipsqueak in front of her apart.

"Ow, ow, oww... THAT HURT YOU BRAT! YOU MUST WANT TO BE TORN TO PIECES!" The villain growled, tearing up the cement from around her, and reinforcing her make-shift armor.

The villain rushed Izuku again but before she got close, Izuku heard a cracking sound from behind him. He quickly threw his head over his shoulder to look at the source of the noise while keeping the villain in his peripheral vision. He barely had time to react but he saw chunks on concrete flying at him from behind at a quick rate. Izuku rolled to the side as the debris flew past him and stuck to the villain but she didn't stop moving. Izuku barely regained his footing and despite an attempt to dodge, the villain backhanded him in the shoulder, which he felt dislocate at the hit.

Izuku didn't stay down long, however... He couldn't. The villain immediately followed up with another attack, pouncing on Izuku in hopes to land on top of him and render him immobile due to her weight and size. As she jumped, Izuku's mind went into overdrive. Watching the villain he noticed something about the make-shift armor the villain created using her quirk. Her joints were unprotected.