Chapter 19: The Wise Magpie

Start from the beginning

Woo Bin looked at Ji Ah with teary eyes and tried a weak smile, which she returned after taking a shaky breath. Yes, they had connected in some way right from the start, but he didn't expect her to be so passionate about saving his stupid ass.

"Ah.." Woo Bin cleared his throat, barely able to look anyone into the eyes. "I just want to say.. I really appreciate how you all want to help me. I don't take this for granted, I hope you know that.."

"Yeah, you should... jerk.." Yu Ri mumbled, her expression still angry and her arms crossed in front of her chest. She kicked Woo Bin's leg, but not too hard. "We're family."

"I promise, I'll get used to it." Woo Bin said and Shin Ju started to cry. "But you have no time..." he sobbed and this time, Yu Ri wrapped her arms around her husband and leaned her head against his shoulder. To her, there was no difference between her Yi Rang-Nim and his reincarnation only because he had a different name. Yi Jeong had finally found his true love and was happy. Just thinking about his heart breaking because of the loss caused her so much pain, she could barely stand it. She also knew how fast Shin Ju got attached to people and he didn't only like Woo Bin, he was also his favorite author and now wasn't the time to make fun of her husband for being weepy.

"We still have time to do something..right?" she looked at Yeon, like she was expecting him to have all the answers, her features now soft and her eyes filled with tears.

"Woo Bin-Ah.. You should get some sleep. Yi Jeong, you too." Yeon started but Yi Jeong shook his head. "I'm not tired."
"I make coffee." Shin Ju decided, because he needed to start doing something. He wiped away his tears and vanished into the kitchen.

"I'm in fact really tired... But I'm okay with a short nap. I can stay awake three days in a row if I must." Woo Bin said.

"We could keep searching for information in your past life, that works even if you're asleep, right?" Ji Ah suggested but Woo Bin shook his head. "How am I supposed to sleep, knowing you all are staring at me.."

"Not exactly you, we will only see your past." Yeon said, but Woo Bin didn't look much happier.

"I do it. I stare at you when you're asleep all the time.." Yi Jeong said softly and pushed a strand of hair out of Woo Bin's face.

"Okay.." he surrendered with a sigh before he even picked up a fight and Yi Jeong smiled at him.

"Ji Ah.. you go have some sleep too." Yeon said, "We'll keep collecting ideas. I'll wake you up in time, don't worry."

With 'we' he meant the foxes. Su Ho was still asleep because there wasn't much he could do anyway. It was probably for the best if he watched Yong Gi because Ji Ah was still a skilled researcher.

"Okay... we go into my room." Yi Jeong announced and Woo Bin followed him. "Good night. And thank you again."

While Yi Jeong was pulling the cover blanket off the bed, Woo Bin was still standing by the door.
He was unusually quiet with every movement and every word he said.

"Hey.."

Woo Bin looked up and Yi Jeong was right in front of him.

"Should I carry you to the bed bridal style?" he asked with a sweet smile but Woo Bin wasn't smiling back.

"I will die. No matter what we do, I will die in seven days."

"We don't know that yet.." Yi Jeong wanted to take his hands but Woo Bin pulled back.

"I know it. When I was desperate and spontaneously willing to leave on the spot, it was okay. I was ready in that moment. Now I'm scared. My mind starts understanding what it means and all the what ifs are coming for me now."