"Come in," George called.

The door opened and Quackity peeked his head through. His eyes shone with excitement as he smiled in greeting. Clay lifted his head from George's shoulder and returned Quackity's smile with a tired one.

"Did you need something, Quackity?" Clay asked.

"Yeah! I was just with Karl and Sapnap. They would like to talk to you," Quackity responded.

Clay and George followed Quackity, who led them to the stables.

Clay and George shared confused glances and George asked, "Why are we going to the stables?"

Quackity grinned excitedly. "You'll see!"

They entered the stables and two people were talking loudly. They paused before entering the stable aisle, listening to the conversation.

"Get me a saddle now!" Karl shouted, laughter in his voice.

"I know you're not talking to me," Sapnap replied sternly, "I know damn well you're not talking to me, Karl!"

"I'm not. I'm not," Karl muttered quickly, heading to the tack room.

The smile on Karl's face faltered when he saw Clay, George, and Quackity around the corner.

Clay raised his eyebrows. "Karl? Why is Sapnap not in his room?"

"He said he wanted to go outside," Karl replied guiltily, "besides, you guys know that I'm not good at saying no..." Karl glanced back at Sapnap, who was currently humming while saddling up a horse. "I couldn't say no, he looked so desperate."

Clay's lips tugged up in a smile. "If you think he's trustworthy enough to walk around freely... then I'm trusting you."

Karl nodded gratefully. "Of course. He's doing really well." Karl looked at George. "I'm not sure how he'll react to George though."

Quackity cleared his throat and asked, "Can Karl, Sapnap, and I go for a ride? Just through the forest? We won't go far."

Clay noted Quackity and Karl's pleading looks and sighed. "I guess... just let me talk to him first, okay?"

The two nodded, smiles growing on their faces. They went over to and started talking excitedly. Clay looked at George and they both smiled.

They stepped into the stable aisle and started walking to the group. Clay paused, lifting his arm to stop George as he realized what they accidentally did. George gave him a confused look, but his eyes widened in realization. They both looked at Sapnap.

The smile fell from Sapnap's face and he stiffened as his eyes locked on George. Karl and Quackity's laughter quieted when they noticed the change in atmosphere.

Clay took a step forward and raised his hands in a gesture of good will. He said, "Sapnap... he's your friend, remember? George doesn't want to hurt you and you don't want to hurt him."

Sapnap's fingers curled into fists and his voice strained, "I know... but it's so hard."

Karl put a comforting hand on Sapnap's shoulder, but Sapnap shrugged it off. He took a deep breath and stepped forward.

"Sapnap," Clay warned.

"It's okay Clay." George said from behind him, "He's trying. He's fighting whatever Nihachu did to his head."

Clay tensed, but he nodded slowly. Sapnap stumbled forward, breathing irregularly. His eyes went from a sure, self-controlled look to panic and alarm in the matter of a second.

Clay saw this and pushed George back. Sapnap shoved Clay out of the way. Clay fell into a stall door and onto the ground. He cried out in pain as a searing pain throbbed from the back of his head. His hand came back full of blood when he went to feel the new wound.

He faltered as he tried to stand up. Clay's eyes widened in panic, seeing Sapnap push George against the wall. Sapnap's hands trembled as he wrapped them around George's neck. George gasped and started to choke, his hands squeezing around Sapnap's wrists. His eyes pleaded for Sapnap to stop.

"Sapnap!" Karl shouted.

Karl and Quackity ran to Sapnap. Quackity wrapped his arm around Sapnap's neck, trying to get him off George. Sapnap grunted, but his hands didn't release George. Karl screamed at him to stop. Sapnap just kept his tight grip.

Clay couldn't get up, his vision blurring as blood slid down his back. He could see Sapnap's eyes, which were filled with panic and fear. Tears were streaming down Sapnap's face.

George choked and his grip on Sapnap's wrists started to lessen. Karl shouted something and Quackity released his hold on Sapnap. Karl quickly covered Sapnap's eyes with his hands. Sapnap let out a sound of surprise and he stumbled back.

George coughed as he slid to the ground, gasping for air. Sapnap had let go of George when his vision was cut off. The sounds of the stable were now filled with coughing and heavy breathing. All the horses had their heads poked out of their stalls in uneasiness and curiosity.

Clay crawled to George. George looked at him and nodded, signaling that he was okay. Clay let out a choked sob in relief and leaned against the wall, his head spinning. George leaned heavily into him, seeking a familiar touch.

"Sapnap, are you good now?" Quackity asked, his voice wary as he stood in front of Clay and George with his sword out.

Sapnap's chest rose and fell rapidly as he nodded. Karl slowly removed his hands from Sapnap's eyes. Sapnap looked around quickly, his eyes falling on Clay and George.

His eyes widened and he stumbled back, covering his mouth with his hand. His cheeks were wet with tears and his hands shook.

He sobbed, "I-I'm sorry... I couldn't control myself." Sapnap swore at himself, "Shit! Why can't I control myself?!"

His hands pulled at his hair as he seemed to spiral down a path of instant self-hate. His face contorted in anger and panic. His hands trembled and he quieted, sitting against a stall and resting his head in his hands.

Sapnap's voice broke, "Why am I like this?"

Karl walked uneasily towards him and Quackity's sword dropped, no longer anticipating an attack. Karl crouched across from Sapnap.

"Sapnap..." Karl trailed off.

Sapnap lifted his head from his hands. He stared at his trembling hands with eyes full of horror. His shoulders slumped and he hung his head.

Sapnap's voice cracked, "Lock me back up Karl. I can't― I can't control myself. I deserve to be locked up."

Karl whispered, "Hey―"

"No, Karl," Sapnap interrupted, his voice wavering and full of self-loathing, "just lock me up... I'm no more than a dog trained to obey its master."

--------

a/n - :( that was a long one, I hope you guys are doing good!

what do you guys think is going to happen to Sapnap?

I don't even know yet, I guess he'll get whatever I feel like writing

good things I hope... but we'll see

have or good night! or morning or whatever time it is for you!

peace out. Ily <3