10

tw: blood(not a lot) and death— be safe <3

Clay's POV

"Nihachu has a message for you."

Clay's heart plummeted as he took in the sight before him. George stumbled forward, towards Tubbo.

"Don't you dare!" Bad shouted frantically, his blade still up against Tubbo's neck, "Stay back!"

Tubbo yelped as the long dagger scraped his neck. He squirmed under Bad's grip, his eyes wide in fear.

"Bad?" Clay asked, his voice wavering, "You― you're the spy?"

Bad's face contorted in anguish, "N-not willingly. Please believe me."

"It's hard to believe you when you're holding my brother at knife-point," George snapped, his voice full of worry.

George and Clay shared a panicked look and Clay said calmly, "Bad, let Tubbo go. Leave him out of this. He's just a kid."

Bad's face was full of guilt. "I'm not here for him."

"What do you mean?" Clay asked.

"I'll let him go if you two split up." Bad gestured between them and added for clarification, "Back away from each other."

George grabbed Clay's hand. "No."

"Please! No!" Tubbo pleaded, tears streaking down his face, as the dagger dug into his neck, causing a trail of red down his neck, "Can I see Tommy one more time? Please?"

Clay's heart cracked at Tubbo's despair. George's eyes widened in fear and he distanced himself from Clay.

"Okay okay!" George shouted, "We're spaced out. Now let him go!"

Bad looked between George and Tubbo. His voice wavered as he said, "Good. Tubbo can go."

All in one swift movement, Bad released Tubbo and ran to George. Tubbo stumbled into Clay's arms and Bad now held his sword to George's throat.

Clay's eyes widened in panic. "Wait! Bad what are you doing?!"

Tears started to fall down his face. "What Nihachu said."

George looked at Clay frantically. Clay grabbed Tubbo's shoulders and shook him gently, "Go get help," he whispered in the prince's ear, "quickly!"

Tubbo stumbled out of the room, taking one last frantic look back before going to find help.

Clay turned to Bad and took a step forward. "You don't have to do this."

"Yes I do!" Bad shouted as tears streamed down his face, "You don't understand."

"Understand what?" Clay asked as he took another step forward and sent George a reassuring look.

"Stay back!" Bad shouted and yanked George back with him.

Clay stopped immediately and lifted his hands in front of him, "Bad, what don't I understand?"

"S-she said I have to do this." Bad stammered, "She said I have to kill the king."

George's eyes widened and Clay's heart dropped. "Bad, nonono. Don't you dare."

"She has Skeppy," Bad's voice cracked as he repeated, "s-she has Skeppy."

At Clay's lack of response, Bad whispered, "Nihachu said she would kill him if I didn't do this. I can't lose him."

Clay's mouth opened and closed. He searched for a response, but he didn't have one.

"W-we were so close to getting our place in the countryside... so close." Bad whispered, "Until one day I woke up without him. S-Skeppy is gone and I just have to take her word that he's still alive." His voice broke, "I-I haven't seen him in months... months."

"We can help you find him. Just put the sword down," George said, trying to ease Bad into letting his guard down.

Bad dug the blade deeper into George's neck. George gasped and Bad said, "I'm sorry... but I have to see Skeppy."

Tears were flowing down Clay's face now, from both Bad's story and the fear of losing George. He wished he had a weapon.

"Bad, please," Clay pleaded, "don't hurt him."

Bad's face twisted in anguish, "I have to! Don't you understand? I need to see Skeppy again."

"Nonono, stop!" Clay yelled as Bad turned the dagger inward, pointing it to George's stomach.

"Please don't do this. Bad please." Clay's voice cracked as he stumbled a few steps forward, "I need him."

Bad paused, looking torn, he said, "And I need Skeppy."

Clay met George's fearful expression. Tears streamed down George's face as he whispered, "It's okay Clay. You'll be a great king. I love you."

Clay's face contorted in fear and panic, "No George. Don't give up on me." Turning to Bad, Clay pleaded desperately, "Don't kill him... he's my everything."

"Your everything?"

Clay nodded frantically and replied, "George is my world. I can't live without him. Please please don't take him away from me."

"I'm sorry," Bad whispered as he lifted his sword, "but Skeppy is my everything."

The next events seemed to unfurl in slow-motion.

An arrow flew from behind Clay and pierced Bad through his neck. Blood gushed from his neck and Bad stumbled backward. As he fell, his blade fell with him and stabbed George.

George cried out in pain and he looked down at his stomach, his hands reaching for the dagger, but grasping at air. George looked up to Clay, his face filled with fear and pain, and he swayed, trying to step towards Clay.

Clay screamed as George fell forward. He ran to George and gently eased him to the ground. He looked back and forth between George's face and the blade embedded in his stomach.

He grabbed George's barely conscious face. "G-George, stay with me. I've got you. Eyes open, okay?"

Clay tried to apply pressure around the dagger on the wound and his voice cracked, "I can't lose you too."

George looked at him through half-lidded eyes and whispered hoarsely, "I'll always be with you. D-don't forget that."

"Nonono," Clay hiccupped, "Stay with me. Listen to my voice."

Footsteps filled the room along with shouts of other men, but Clay only focused on George.

"I love you, Clay," George whispered and he squeezed Clay's hand faintly.

"No. Don't say that." Clay pleaded, "This isn't goodbye. You're not leaving me. You're staying right here."

"Remember this for me..." George whispered as his eyes drooped close, his voice waning, "Clay—it's not your fault."

———————

a/n - I struggled to write this without crying

Bad is dead and George is...

...you'll find out next chapter

i'm sorry for making you guys sad, but this chapter was going to happen sooner or later :(

Drink some water please. ily <3