2

Clay's POV

Clay's stomach dropped at the guards announcement. He felt his heart beat faster and he looked over to George.

George got up quickly with determination on his face. He started heading to the throne room and Clay followed behind nervously. He wasn't sure how he'd react to seeing Nihachu again.

They quickly walked through the halls and George shoved open the throne room doors.

He paced the room in a circle. "Where is she?!"

Nihachu wasn't in the throne room yet. Clay figured she must be being brought in with a group of guards. The guard who interrupted their lunch must've been a scout.

"Calm down King George," Wilbur said calmly, "she'll be here momentarily."

George frowned and sat down. Clay sat beside him and fidgeted with his fingers. He looked around anxiously. George was rapidly tapping his finger on the table.

Clay noticed this and took George's hand in his own. George gave him a worried look and squeezed his hand. Clay smiled faintly.

The door to the room burst open and soldiers flowed in. They surrounded a group of four women. Clay recognized Punz and Bad in the group. George and Clay stood up.

"Your majesty," Punz declared to George, holding one of the women's arms, "we have captured and brought you Princess Nihachu and her personal guards."

George fisted his hands. "It's about time."

"Let go of me you fuckin bastard!" the woman who Punz was holding exclaimed and slapped his shoulder.

Punz dropped her arm and gave her a surprised look. The woman's accent was extremely thick compared to  Nihachu's. Clay wondered where she was from.

"Minx, calm down. We're outnumbered." Nihachu said.

The woman―Minx― nodded and sighed. She glared at Punz, who took a step back.

One of Nihachu's other guards laughed at Punz. Nihachu faced George and Clay with a neutral expression.

"Hello again," she said.

Clay's hand hovered over the scar on his stomach and flinched at the memory. George took a step forward.

"After all this time we've finally got you," George said coldly.

Nihachu sneered at him, "Congrats... I'm here for my father."

"Eret is not leaving our prison."

"Do you want war?" Nihachu asked, "Because that's what you'll get if you don't return him to me."

George laughed. "War? With what army of yours? Your troops are in shambles after the loss of their king and now their princess."

Nihachu stiffened, "Don't insult me or my country. We are capable of more than you know."

"You're not capable of anything now. Until we decide what to do with you, you and your guards will stay in our cells."

Clay frowned. He didn't like George's tone. Clay studied Nihachu's guards. They were all heavily armored.

The one who had spoken out―Minx― was closest to Nihachu. Her eyes were lined thickly with kohl and her glare pierced through anyone who looked her way.

The second closest guard to Nihachu was shorter. She was wearing a colorful cape with a collar that was fashioned from sheep's wool. Her face had soft features, but her alert stance conveyed that she would be a tough opponent in a fight.