The monarch's eyebrows shot upward in an instant, "The garden passage?" The question caused the commander to nod.

"But," Akira continued, "Nobody knows about it-" Other than me, Aziza and Shree. "other than some close friends."

The sovereign's eyes narrowed in suspicion at the girl walking next to her but she tried to keep a level-head, "Somebody from the inside did it."

Aziza halted ever so slightly and looked back at Akira, her breath hitching in her throat at the thought of betrayal, "Who do you think did it?"

The sound of swords and yells became more and more prominent as they walked down towards the throne room causing Akira to dismiss the commander's question in a haste, "It doesn't matter right now. They are already in. Let's focus on the problem at hand. Tell me, is everything and everyone is at their given positions?"

"Yes, they are." As Aziza answered a group of about three men came into view in front of them.

Akira sighed and her gaze met Aziza's. The commander smirked even though her eyes held sincerity and a small amount of guilt, "Finally, some action."

Akira said nothing, her eyes holding the men accountable for their actions as all three of them ran towards the two girls. Swords high, heads higher, the two parties dived into battle.

---

Akira slashed through another man with a small huff as Aziza covered her back, fighting the people who showed up from the back. Both of them worked like they were the same people, two sides of the same coin - their swords defended together and struck down at the enemies together.   

As the evening had progressed and the hallways around the two girls were bathed in the subtle luminescence of the moon, their armors and surroundings were doused in red. They kept walking ahead, slashing and cutting through anyone who dared to challenge them.

After passing corridors of fighting men and women, red oozing and painting the walls, abandoned swords and shields, unconscious bodies and strings of battle cries, they both reached the throne room where the ministers and other soldiers fought against the rioters.

It was just like any other place of the castle - bodies on the ground, red all around, shouts of pain and grunts of victory. The throne room which had held so much royal allure had been transformed into a battleground charged with pain, regret and malice. 

Shree was caught defending against three men and Akira and Aziza rushed to her rescue. While Akira dealt with one of the three threats, Aziza precisely slayed the other one before he could harm Shree and the curly-haired girl cut through the last one.

The three girls exchanged a brief glance, laced with a small smile as the three rivals dropped down to the ground with a loud thuds. They proceeded to fight, forgetting about the tension that had lingered between them. Soon enough, more and more splashes of blood decorated their armors and floor while yells and screams rung through the palace, piercing their ears with horrible cries.

Two more rivals rounded up around Akira as she skillfully kicked one square in his chest, causing him to fall back while she focused to defend against the other one. She finally managed to disarm the man and slash through him while Aziza looked after the fallen man.

From the corner of her eyes, the sovereign found herself look out of the humongous doors of the throne room and spotted someone which made her eyes widen in pleasant surprise.

"Veer" Akira suddenly called after her brother as she ducked and dodged swings and hits and managed to run out of the throne room to the hallway where the prince fought off a guy, eventually killing him.