Chapter fifteen: Humbling

Start from the beginning

"Are you kids alright?" He asked. It was visible that he was beyond worried.

"We're... Fi-fine... Just defeat th-that... villain *cough*" Izuku muttered out, his voice growing hoarce.

"But you're hurt, I- I can't just-" He tried to say but Izuku wasn't having it.

"GO! NOW! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE WORRIED NOW AFTER ALL THIS TIME!" He shouted, despite the sharp and excruciating pain in his side. That got All Might to act somewhat but the others near him, aside from Aizawa who was unconscious and Izumi who had a guilty yet knowing look, had expressions of confusion. He looked towards Izumi and the rest of the students before standing up and rushing over to the bird villain.

"DETROIT... SMAAASH!" He shouted, his right fist flying with immense force into the villain's chest.

"Hahahaha... That won't work Symbol of Peace. Nomu has shock absorption." The blue haired villain, Shigaraki explained with a chuckle. "The only way for you to actually hurt him, would be to slowly gouge out his flesh. Whether or not he lets you is another matter entirely."

All Might tried again, this time letting loose a left hook to the villain's face followed by a right hook to the other side. Both attacks had the same effect, which was pretty much no effect at all. "Enough of this. Nomu." Shigaraki muttered and the next thing that happened was All Might getting thrown a few meters back from a punch from Nomu but he managed to stay upright, his feet digging into the ground.

'What is this?! He can handle my attacks at full power? In any case I can't let him past me!' All Might thought, as he flung himself back at Nomu. The two kept exchanging blows, both neither losing nor gaining much ground. Luckily, it was obvious that the monster was seemingly a mindless brute, which met he couldn't think, nor strategize to flip the battle to his advantage. That inability caused Nomu to leave himself open, and that moment was all All Might needed.

"CAROLINA... SMAAASH!" He shouted, swinging his arms in a downward X like motion with immense strength. While the attack didn't do much damage to Nomu at all, he still forced the villains arms to his sides, most likely due to Nomu protecting Shigaraki who was behind him rather than the attack's strength, leaving him largely unprotected for only a moment. All Might then circled around before grabbing Nomu by the waist and lifting him into the air, before slamming him back onto the ground in a suplex motion with a ferocious battle cry.

Or so he thought. Right as the villain's head was to smash into the ground, a vortex opened and the villain passed through harmlessly, his upper half emerging from a second vortex right underneath the number one hero. Right after, Nomu grabbed All Might's side, where his weak point just so happened to be, causing him to cry out in pain while he coughed up blood. 'What the hell?! Shit!' All Might thought once he realized what had happened, his arms forced to let go of Nomu to try and pry his hands from his weak spot.

"An impressive, although futile attempt, All Might." The mist villain, Kurogiri spoke. "The Nomu is built to fight on par with you. Even if you could somehow manage to win, you still have us to deal with. Your mentality of everyone being weaker than you has allowed you to fall into our trap. Now all that is left is to have the Nomu pull you through before I close it once your body is in half way, cutting you in half." Kurogiri explained with an almost amused attitude.

All Might's eyes widened at the villain's words but he had no time to think them over. He needed to free himself before he was killed! The Nomu pulled and pulled and slowly but surely, All Might inched closer and closer into the portal head first. Right when his head was about to pass through, All Might heard the scraping of ice along with a distant blast.

"DDIIIEEEE!" A voice cried out, right as Nomu was frozen over all the way to the villains upper torso. All Might managed to free himself right before the portal closed, only to find an indifferent but concerned Shoto Todoroki, with Katsuki Bakugo having pinned down Kurogiri and Kirishima backing him up, pinning down another weaker villain who was nearby.