𝑉 - 𝗗𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗼𝘄

Start from the beginning

Harry seemed very annoyed, and Colin looked like he was ready to continue talking to the boy before he caught the eyes of the girl sitting at the Ravenclaw table behind them.

"Oh, my," His marvel turned to horror faster than most people should be able to process emotions.

"That's Astria Black," He must have thought Astria couldn't hear him because the second she saw the camera the girl had turn back around, hiding her face from
the thing.

"Well, we call her Bonkers Black," Ron whispered, despite his efforts, it was more than loud enough for all three girls to hear.

Ginny looked about ready to start a fight on the spot, face flushing with anger, and mouth in a thin line. She could see the girl getting ready to stand up and say something before the moment was caught off by Dean's voice.

"Ron is that your owl?"

Ron's brown owl came diving into the great hall, however, Astrias attention was pulled away for a second as Neville slid into the seat next to
Ginny, across from where Astria was sitting.

They smiled at each other warmly.

The crashing sound of said owl hitting the table drew the attention of many students eating their food. Chips flew everywhere, kids laughing throughout the hall.

Astria frowned as Ron spoke, "Bloody owls a menace!" he said while plucking the red letter from the beak of the bird now laying on the table.

Astria couldn't stand to see the thing being treated so wrongly, so against any better judgment she stood and walked the short distance from where she sat to where the bird now lay on the pile of food.

If glares were money, she would be a rich woman.

She gently pushed Ron aside and brought a small hand up to the animal's forehead. Closing her eyes for a second, letting something unknown to her, run through her veins like blood.

The bird nuzzled into her hand, seeming in a vastly better state than 10 seconds ago. The brown old flew up and pecked Astria affectionately before flying away smoother than anyone has ever seen that bird fly.

"Cool!" She had to strain her ears to hear Harry's whisper.

"Look, everyone!" Seamus chimed, "Weasleys got himself howler."

Astria, who was about to head back to her seat, turned to look at the envelope resting in the red heads' hands. His face was red with worry, matching his hair almost perfectly.

Everyone around them started to laugh at him, and Astria was about to take her leave when she felt a hand grab her sleeve and pull her down to next to
them.

Her whole body lit up at the touch, and a wave of shocks danced through her arm, from where his hand touched her wrist.

The feeling was familiar as if a faraway thing she would never be able to completely remember. It reminded her of the morning after a wonderful dream, where you woke up slowly, a smile always adorning your face. She didn't want it to end.

Astria turned to look at the curly-headed boy who had pulled her next to him.

"What?" She asked him, taking her arm back, but making no move to leave.

"You helped the owl, might as well get to see what it brought." Harry shrugged, trying to seem calm, but failing.

His face was flushed a bright red, and his eyes were darting everywhere as he spoke. In another world, she might have smiled fondly at him.