Chapter 8

Diana's P. O. V

"My mum's a travel agent"I said not wanting to leave him in the dark. He said a huge part of his life to me, It would be right to say something back. I had to.
"So you must move a lot"he said, helping to wash up. "I've been around"I said.
"The pasta was delicious"he said and dried his hands with a napkin. "Learnt from my mum"I said, feeling very proud of myself. "So! Where do we start?"I asked him.
"Start?"
"Cleaning up after your party...duh!"I said, "you'd really help out?"he asked. I nodded.
"We could start in a while seems like everyone is leaving"he said.

"I thought people stayed over and you know...."I left my sentence hanging.
"I have a strict rule against people hooking up at my house"he said reassuring me.
"I'll go put on a hair net and change out of this"I said.
I went upstairs and changed into some shorts and a t-shirt.

We left quietly not wanting to wake up anybody and thankfully everyone had left the house.
He turned up the volume and we both danced and stared to clean up.
We scrubbed, brushed, washed, mopped, dried and polished everywhere till we were finally done. I never thought that me and cute boy next door would become close.
"I am so tired"he said and laid down on the floor I just mopped.
I starred at him smiling for no just reason.

Michael's P. O. V
Me: Did I just see my best friend go into the house of the new girl?

Subconscious mind (S. M):How the fuck did they meet!

Me: Maybe at the party they met and after realizing how hot she is he decided to hook up at her house.

S. M: So Pablo is now some manwhore!

Me: Maybe it was another guy?

S. M: *Face palms* Don't be a fucking wuss.

Me: Would Diana just hook up with whatever fit comes her way

S. M: Of course she would! That's how girls work. It's not rocket science.

Me: But she's new and nice and different, she's so cute and innocent....

S. M: Do you hear the shit you're saying! Did you break the code and fall for her? You like her don't you?

Me: Me? Her? No chance! She's not my type... Besides....

Mike gets interrupted by Makela's soft sobs.
"You won't believe what I saw today"Makela said standing close to my mirror.
"What?"
"I saw Pablo and some girl I met... Diana"she said, looking very bothered.
"Wait where?"I immediately asked, knowing how hurtful it must have been for her.
"At the pool, she was practically throwing herself at him, like a hoe"Makela said.
"It's Pablo we're talking about, Virgin Pablo"I reminded her.

"He seemed to enjoy what she was doing to him he held her waist, he was laughing..."
"Makela..."I said, and tears flowed freely, I pulled her into a bear hug.
"Don't cry"I said.

"Why! I spent years of my life liking him and he goes for some girl he's probably never met till today"she said, almost yelling, thankfully dad was asleep.
If he knew that his daughter liked a boy, I had no idea what he'd do.

"Hey...sit down"I said and led her to my bed, "I hate that girl"she said, and I felt bad. I don't know but I was just wanting them both to get along. Maybe u thought she would be a good influence on Makela. But now, I want her no where near my sister or Pablo.

"Me too, we'll get back at her"I said boldly, "yeah, damn right we will"Makela said crying into my shirt. I knew it would be best not to tell her about where Pablo spent the night. She didn't deserve that kind of heartbreak right now.
"Makela go get some sleep"I said, I led her to the door. "We should have never gone to that party"she said weakly, "get to bed"I said and kissed her forehead. She left the room her make up all over my shirt.
This was the limit.

Author's P. O. V

Mia and Lola had gotten up a bit drowsy, but they were able to make themselves some coffee. Well Mia did Lola was on her phone checking out her son's Instagram page.
"That movie gave me goosebumps"Lola said, sitting on the kitchen counter. Mia gave her a mug of coffee. She mouthed a thank you to her.

"Beyond!"Mia said, "am happy you came over, Diana would have videoed me screaming the whole night" Mia said.
"I wonder how the party went?"Lola asked, then took a sip from the coffee. The scene was lovely, steam from the cup on a sleepy woman's face bright n early.

"I know how hard it must be for Diana, my job requires me to move a lot. She rarely makes friends"Mia said and picked up her phone.
"I totally understand, am just lucky my son Pablo found good friends to stand by him"Lola said.
"We should do this again some other time, what do you think?"Lola asked sounding excited.
"It was fun, maybe if am less busy"Mia said, not wanting to let her hopes down.
Mia looked down at her phone, she just received an email her expression changed once she read the email.

"What's wrong?"Lola asked, getting off the kitchen counter, Mia reread the email and dropped the mug on the kitchen counter.
A year escaped her eye, she placed her hand over her mouth taking some steps back.
"Mia...."
"I. Just. Got. Fired"
"Wait what!"Lola asked walking up to her and placed her hand on her shoulder.
"I...don't know....I just got an email am being laid off..They are terminating my services"Mia said still in a daze. She placed her hand on her forehead, Lola led her to the couch.

"Let me get you some water...."
"I work for them for twelve years, I've moved to eight different states, I neglected everything! For that damn company....and I get...fucking laid off"Mia said cutting off Lola.

"How am I supposed to run the house? How do I meet up the rents?"Mia asked in whispers tears flowing freely.

"Mia calm down, you'll figure... we'll figure it out"Lola said.
"Figure out what! I've got bills! Pills....meds I have to buy, money for Daniel...."she stopped once she realised she had said that name out loud.

Lola placed her hand on Mia's shoulders, and stared at the woman.
"I understand the gravity of the situation, I do, am a mom with a husband who doesn't give two fucks about me. I will help you alright"she said.

Mia looked away but Lola brought her head back.
"You'll get through this"Lola said to her.
"How...Just how? I don't want you to do anything for me out of pity. I don't want to be a burden to anybody"Mia admitted.

"Just swallow your damn pride and take my help, and I swear you will not be a burden to me"Lola said.
"I have a friend, he's rich and he just needs..."
"I will not sell my body Lola!"Mia said almost loosing her cool.

"He just needs a PA for a while, a month, the pay is large, you can use that for the meantime. Just for the month, and I can help you go job hunting"Lola said.
"Lola...how do you even know the guy?"Mia asked for certainty.

"He isn't shady, his money is legit and he has two kids. He can help you, and don't worry ever since his wife died he has no interest in women, trust me"Lola said.
Mia closed her eyes then nodded.