Chapter 5

Diana's P. O. V

Five days and yet no luck on finding my bracelet. Mr Freddie cancelled auditions yesterday, the teachers had some mandatory meeting they needed to attend to. He's pushed it till... whenever he's free, God knows when that is.

I stretched out of bed on a lazy Saturday, feeling as lazy as ever this morning. This week hadn't been my week, from picking fights, acting plays, becoming the school's errand girl....to loosing my bracelet.
Sigh.
I haven't done my chores yet! But a little Instagram wouldn't hurt anyone right? I checked out June and followed her.
Me myself have a few followers, three hundred to be exact, not like am counting. Most of them are from previous schools though.
One of goals this year is to get five hundred followers on Instagram. I check on Stephen and my eyes widened. He has  seven thousand followers! He barely posts anything and follows just four people. I tap follow feeling very jealous!

A little devil whispers in my ear to search Samantha Monroe, and I do not hesitate. It wasn't hard to locate her, and my eyes almost fall out of the socket.

"How the hell does any one teenager have that many followers! What the butt! This is ridiculous!"
"Twenty thousand followers!"I said, my hands up in frustration. "She's been to at least thirty different countries, her pictures are above the standard. Ambassador...."I stop myself and look away.
I travel a lot too but not to exotic places or stay in resorts....

A crazy little devil yells in my ear, "Michael Tyler" and I must be crazy for actually checking him out.
I almost throw my phone away as a reflex action, I stare at the screen, turned my phone upside down, still stared at it in a daze.
"Fifty thousand followers....does he know fifty thousand people?"I thought and jumped on my bed in frustration.

Next thing that hits me is breakfast, I need it, I grab a towel and walk into the showers. I hit play on my favorite weekend playlist while I take a bath.

—Two Hours Later—
It's normal for Mom to not be home on a Saturday morning, she's a very busy lady, who loves me enough to leave me a bowl of Rocky road ice cream for breakfast.

I slump on the couch and am about to turn on the T. V but there's a knock at the door.
"Um... my mom's not home"I say trying to balance the ice cream not looking fully at the person.

"No...No worries...am Pablo"said the boy, I stare at him in perplexity. "From school"he added, and then it hit me! Chocolate bars!
Been too busy to even say hi to him these days and give him a chocolate in return.

"From Gym"I said. "Yeah, I brought over the worksheets for this semester..."he said. "I already have a copy"I said noticing how cute his nose was.
"Oh...sorry I didn't realize, well we're neighbours, I stay opposite your house and my mom says to be warm and friendly"he said.

"Alright"I said and nodded,he turned to leave, I bite my lip, then call him back.
"Would you like to come in?"I asked not wanting to disappoint him, maybe he had no friends..
"No need it's fine um...."
"Diana"I cut in and his face lights up.
"Next time senorita"he says and leaves, I slowly close the door and whisper"senorita".
Is it me or does he have great perfume? And a lovely tone of voice....
I locate my phone and try to find him, it's a dead end, I go to June's account and thankfully she follows him.
"He's a dog lover!"I squeal, awe struck and all. He has twenty thousand followers, I wonder if I should follow him or...
I decided to leave him a message at night, so I won't seem like a creep.

I looked out my window at the house opposite us, so he lives in THAT house. That really huge mansion, yep.... definitely sending a message. I get some dishes washed up and dust the house. I stop to smile.
"Lazy Saturday didn't turn out being so bad after all".

Michael's P. O. V

Frustrating Diana all week has been fun and satisfying, but I have no clue why I jumped on the guy who blew a whistle at her. Stupid girl! Running with a skirt! So...So stupid. I hung her bracelet on my bedroom mirror, I get a good view of it when I admire my awesome body in the morning.

But now my focus is on the party at Pablo's house tonight and I need some strong convincing to go, without Vincent.
Vincent is a thirty nine year old guy with no family or friends....the perfect PA for my dad.
Makela intrudes into my room and sits on my bed.
"Damn! Don't you learn how to knock?"
"Sure... whatever! Help me pick a dress for the party tonight"Makela said. Thinking she'll be able to go even if I can't.

"Pablo's party?"I asked pretending I didn't know about her huge crush on him.
"Yes"she snaps back at me.
"Dad won't let you go and you know it"I said, "I'll see about that"she rudely said. She stands up and gets the Tyler smirk on.

"What if Vincent....I don't know suffers from food poisoning?"she asked sounding so innocent.
I stare at her critically, she's serious about that, it's awful...deceitful....not to talk of plain wrong! – I like it!

"How do you think we do that?"I asked, sounding skeptical about her plan.
"I have the drug all you need to do is plant it in his tea I guess"she said her hand on her chin. Why does my fourteen years old sister have drugs for food poisoning?
"Do we have an agreement with the plan?"she asked, I think that was her real reason behind coming here.

"Fine, but it won't hurt him too bad right?"I asked. "No! Nooo! Just.... temporarily. Long enough to go places for a month with no chaperoning"

********
"Target is located, am moving in mocking Jay"she said over her walkie talkies. She approached Vincent, he's about to enter my father's room, holding his cup of tea.
"Vincent! Wait!" She said, he dropped the tea on the table and faces her.
"Yes Young Miss"he said just as he always calls her.
Now I sneak up behind him, holding the drug in my palm, focused on dropping it in the tea.

"I wanted you to do a quick self defense test with me"she said.
I kneel quietly to the table, he's backing me, I pick up the tiny spoon.
Makela and Vincent converse some more, what's in this stuff anyways? I take a sip and almost scream. Makela's eyes widened, startling Vincent, but she pulls him closer.

"What the hell..."I say under my breath.
"I must go back to your father at once young miss"I heard him say. I dropped the pill inside, and churn it, I give her a thumbs up and crawled away.

"You're right, you must not keep my dad waiting, you know how much of a temper he has. Wouldn't want you to loose your job"she said and left him.

****Five hours*****
"What happened?"I asked Joan, the housekeeper, she saw Doctor Davis out seconds ago.

"Vincent just suddenly fell very ill, the doctor advised a month's bed rest"
I grinned inwardly, but hoped he would recover though.
I went up to my father's room to find him buried in work.

"Father can I and Makela go visit Pablo tonight?"

"9pm curfew"