Chapter 9: The Assignment

(AN: Hi everyone, by now you probably thought I was gone for good. My apologies for not posting in quite a while, I was busy dealing with the end of my school year and getting back to my work. I also was having trouble deciding what direction I wanted to take with this book in the future. But I will say that the next chapter of this story is in the works and will be uploaded this week, the last few chapters will be released soon afterward. So without further a due, here's chapter 9. )

Time Skip

Tigress POV:

It's been over a month since that night with Blacksheep and I have been talking to her almost every day. We would talk about anything from training, to what life at the academy was like. I was still a little reluctant to open up about my past, but she respected my wishes. But at the same time, she also didn't really mention her past either.  While it hasn't been easy, I slowly opened up to some of our other classmates.

Our classes we steadily getting harder and more complex, that being said there were a few fun times. Like when we finally got to choose our codenames and I ended up choosing Tigress. Or when we threw water balloons at that woman when she came onto the island. I've been doing better mentally to; my anxiety has only rarely acted up. That being said, there are still some nights where I have trouble falling asleep or I was woken up by nightmares. Still most of the time my mind was being occupied by new and more complicated feelings.

Love

Yup, that's right. Ever since that night on the beach I've admitted to falling in love with Black sheep. I-Its not like I didn't think she was cute before in her own way. But after, I was more willing to openly accept my own feelings. My whole life I've never felt love in any way, shape, or form. Still, looking back I did find women more attractive than men. Blacksheep was the only one who truly gave a damn about me, and I want to protect her. This is what lead me toward this roadblock. I want to confess my feeling to her, but at the same time, I feel like I cant until she realizes just how much baggage my past carries.  And..........part of me feels like I'm not good enough. DAMIT, I know I shouldn't feel like that. If I ever want to move forward I need more courage and an opportunity. What I didn't know, was that that opportunity would come a lot sooner than expected. 

"Bla Bla Bla Bla.....which is why you would use DC instead of AC". At this moment, me and most of the other thieves in training are listening to one of Docter Bellum's rambling about one of her new gadgets. By now it was no secret that she had a few screws louse in that brain of hers, but she did make my stealth suit so it can't be helped. Blacksheep was sitting next to me and felt compelled to take notes even though she also looked about ready to pass out.  "Alright, it likes like that's all the time we have class. Make sure you all review the necessary material for the next lesson or what even. " is what Doctor Bellum said to end her class. "Finally. I felt like I was gonna die" I mumbled barely above a whisper as I start to get up from my seat. " AAAAaaa WAIT ONE MOMENT CLASS" Doctor Bellum yells at all of us as we were about to leave. "As you all well know for the past few months, I and the other faculty have been instructing you to strengthen your individual skills as thieves. But during missions, it's common to work in pairs or teams for larger operations. To that end the faculty has issued an assignment for you to complete". Confused I glance over at BlackSheep who nearly shrugs her shoulders, clearly showing she was as lost as I was. " For this assignment, you will be given a file on a particular location around the world and an objective for you to complete. The file will contain all the necessary information for you to plan your capper. However, for this assignment, you will be working with a randomly assigned partner. You will work together for the entire project and you may not change them. All classes will be suspended for the next 2 days to give you time to work on it. We expect it to be fully complete by the end of the next two days; you can find your partner and your file on the board in the main hall.  Now CLASS DISMISSED."................