Chapter 3: Confrontation

AN(For this chapter the conversation between Carmen and Tigress will be extended) 

"Carmen"    "Tigress"        Now back to the story. 

No one POV:

While Zack, Ivy, and Shadowsan are struggling to comprehend the situation in front of them. Carmen and Tigress were still sitting across from each other inside the dinner, while still holding each other's hands on top of the table.

Carmen's POV:

As I start to look at Tigress why she runs her thumb across the back of my hand she begins to speak to me.

"Not that I'm not enjoying being here with you," she said gently before turning into a much more concerned tone. "but please tell me what's wrong? We both agreed that we should only meet in person if things went bad. "

"N-Nothing's wrong, it's just I got a lot on my mind and I wanted to see you in person instead of talking over the phone," I said back a little too quickly. But that's when she stops moving her thumb and instead interlaces her fingers with mine. 

"I know and I'm glad, however, I can tell by the bags under your eyes that you haven't been sleeping, princess. Please talk to me. Does this have something to do with what happened with Coach Brunt?" 

After she asks that I couldn't help but turn my eyes away in shame. While I had told Tigress about what happened in Batswana, I hadn't told her about what Coach Brunt told me on the train or what happened as a result.

"Yes, it does. But theirs more to the story that I haven't told you about. I-I-It's j-just has been so much that I barely understand it myself." I said as bring my free hand to hold up my head as I look down at the table talk on the verge of tears.

"Hey hey, it's ok that's why you call me here. Listen you helped me out a lot back in the academy with my own... issues, and I will help you out no matter what I have to do. At the end of the day, there is nothing that makes me stop loving you".  After she said that in a sweet and gentle voice, she reached out and slowly wiped away the tears that threaten to fall from my grey eyes. This made me feel much better to where I could finally look her in the eye again with a small hopeful smile on my face. 

It was then when the waitress came back with our drinks, which she placed on the table in front of us. We both thanked her as she then smiled and walked off. For a few moments, we sat quietly, me drinking coffee while Sheena drinks tea.  When I'm nearly halfway through my coffee I set down the mug and let out a soft sigh before I look back at Tigress before speaking.

"There is a lot to catch you up on and it's very...complicated, s-so before I start just let me get to the end before you say anything... Please."

 "By all means take all the time you need, I'm not going anywhere." That is what she said as she put down her teacup and looked back at me.

That's when I told her everything. How Coach Brunt told me Shadowsan killed my father. Finding out the truth about my father being Dexter Wolf, a member of V.I.L.E faculty. Discovering that Chief the head of A.C.M.E was the real person that killed my father. How Shadowsan tries to steer me away from the path of evil. Going to Argentina and uncovering Vera Cruz's empty coffin, giving us the very real possibility that my mother was alive. By the time I had finished I was almost out of breath by all that I had just said. 

Tigress POV:

It took me a minute to process all that Carmen had just told me as I look back at her wide-eyed and the only thing that I could say, just above a whisper "Holy Shit". It took me a second to recollect my thoughts before regained my focus.