7- Consequences

The sun had almost set when Katsu emerged from the kettle with Shatter slung over her shoulder. Even knocked out a ghost of a smirk graced her face. Two rushed to meet them.

"Four! Who?! What?! Squidbeak usually only takes high-ranking Octarians into custody not..." Two wrinkled her nose, "Whoever this skrelp is."

Katsu ripped Tide's headset from the octoling's neck and dangled in front of Two.

"I'll get the snowglobe." Two headed to the cabin.

Katsu dropped the octoling under a tree and helped Two heave the snowglobe out from the cabin.

"So, you just happened to run into this octoling with Three's headphones?"

"This isn't just any octoling. She's directly responsible for the squidnapping of Cap'n Two years ago and supposedly is connected with the disappearance of the small zapfishs. Didn't Tide tell you about her?"

Two coughed, "Well he may have mentioned something about a crazy octoling taunting him, but I thought the pressure was just getting to him."

Together they unceremoniously dumped her into the snowglobe and sealed off the bottom before arranging it right in front of the cabin.

"Honestly, for some kind of evil schemer I expected this kid to look, I dunno, more intimidating."

Katsu glanced at the octoling. Her face squished against the glass and a bruise had formed on her left cheek.

"Her face looks just as punchable as ever."

Two raised an eyebrow, "Right...how about you be bad cop."

"Bad cop. I like the sound of that."

"Great. I was thinking I'd go in the cabin, let you grill the perp. Then I'll come out, turn up the old pop star charm, and good cop my way into getting this sucker to spill her guts."

Katsu cracked her knuckles, "Sounds good enough to me."

It took another half hour before Shatter stirred. Katsu tapped the glass. Thunk. Thunk. Thunk.

She shot up. And immediately hit her head against the glass and fell back down.

"Urrrrggghh...five more minutes."

"Where is he?!" Katsu pounded the glass.

"Wha?"--Shatter sat up, sending a splash of glitter throughout the snowglobe, and screamed--"AHH!"--Katsu stepped back, with a grim smile--"AH-CHOO!"

The smile faded.

"Oh, hey Katsu, didn't see you there. Feeling petty? You must have quite the grudge to drag me all the back--ACHOO--here."

"You know why you're here!" Katsu brandished her dualies.

"I don't know what you're talking about. ACHOO! So how about you let me out of here, we catch up, then agree to never talk again? Good plan?"

Katsu's ink boiled as she stared at her smug grin.

"How dare you," Katsu whispered,

"I'll ask one more time. Tell me where the missing agents are or else you'll never leave this base again."

"Pft, oh no, what am I ever going to do? I'm shaking. Really."

Katsu's knuckles turned white as she gripped the handles of the dualies.

"This isn't the first time I've been behind glass. Though"--she sneezed--"this is a first with the glitter. Can we get that removed?"

Katsu sent a series of shots at the glass raising a cloud of sparkles.