𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. the one with peter's pep talks

Start from the beginning

Something to hold onto, something that Stiles can fight for.

But this wasn't a regular relationship. They weren't going through a rough patch because Stiles liked someone else's instagram post or Peter forgot an anniversary. This wasn't something you could fix with flowers and some chocolate. Peter had blood on his hands, self defense or not. "I want to feel better. I want to look and the mirror and like what I see. I won't put that on you."

Stoles grinned, knowing he could never put into words how he felt for the spider boy. "Peter Parker, you could never even fathom what it would take for me to turn my back on you."

"I need help, Stiles. I need real help, not practicing lacrosse and a ride in the Jeep."

Mental health was health, and Peter wasn't okay. No teenager should have to try and compartmentalize murder. He doesn't know how to handle it, no kid does. He can't fix this with adhd medication or an extra hour of sleep. Professional help, therapy, somewhere like Eichen that wasn't a literal crime scene.

Stiles shrugged, collecting Peter's hand into his, thumb rubbing along the slit that webbing comes from and a few other scars thst decorate him. "How long you think it'll take me to get my PhD in psychology? If I do it online?"

Peter smiles at the idea.

And it's exactly what Stiles needs in the moment, a light at the end of the tunnel. "There it is! My favorite million dollar smile."

"I'll come back, I promise." And he says it genuinely, slinging himself up to the tree above them, readying his feet for another jump.

Stiles stands below, the proudest smile on his face as he sees the light Peter Parker once was— shining through the cracks. The Peter he fell in love with, the one that stumbled in the hallway and drew new spider suit ideas in his chemistry notebooks. Even if things were bad and he felt stuck in a hurricane of chaos— Peter Parker was in the eye of the storm. Calm, collected, and beautiful.

"I love you, Pete."

Peter smiles softly, twisting upside down and sliding down a braid of webbing, lowering himself so his head was in line with Stiles'. He's always wanted to try this, and he wouldn't imagine it with anyone else. His feet stick to the web and his hands carefully lower Stiles' jaw.

     When their lips finally touch, it's enough to cure Stiles of all his bad days. For just a moment, he gets to be a pure and unfiltered kind of happy. He's reminded of everything that Peter Parker truly is. Warm, gentle, loving, and perfect for him. They've spent months of their relationship learning how to kiss correctly, and they've finally figure it out.

     Stiles' hands hold the sides of Peter's head, anxious to let him go. But when they finally do, there's a hazy look in both of their eyes. Stiles breaths out a laugh, a faint scent of mint mojito gum washing over Peter's senses. "Can't believe you're leaving after doing that."

    Peter chuckles quietly. "I've always wanted to try it."

"Go get Scott, you nerd."

And it isn't long before Theo shows up, barely fifteen minutes of Stiles pacing the parking lot and talking to himself. As soon as the grey truck swerved into the gravel parking lot, Stiles is hand on the door handle and trying to jump in as fast as he can.