1. sigh | fairchild

Start from the beginning

fuck that shit.

i waited impatiently in the empty elevator, waiting for it to make it to the bottom floor.

staring at my watch, i looked at the time.

7:34pm.

finally, it got to the first floor - just for a load of strangers to walk in.

about five men, maybe two or three woman.

i escape the elevator, considering i will definitely be waiting a while.

i walk into the lobby, and head over to the elevator. i push the button multiple times, confused on why it's not opening.

"oh, lady. it's locked." a cleaner mentioned, walking passed me.

i let out a annoyed grunt, watching as the other elevator door closed.

i had no other choice, other than running up the lot of stairs.

it won't take to long, right?

without a second to think, i started running towards the stairwell and up the steps.

stomping on each piece of wood my feet met, i got tired of the clanking.

7:37 pm.

reaching the fifth floor, i was already out of breath.

i kept going, running up the long and tiring stairs.

sixth floor.

seventh.

eight!

i've made it to my level of the building, and i rushed into my office.

nearly breaking open the door, i rooted through my endless amount of paper, letters, envelopes, and much more.

"where the fuck is it!" i yell, unknowingly screaming with anger and frustration.

i rush over to my bag, looking for the booklet of worken-on paper.

i couldn't find this stupid paper.

7:40pm.

i pushed and turned all the important work, knowing i'll be kicking myself in the ass for doing so.

when i find it.

'may eight, mr. fairchild.'

i run out the door, forgetting a pencil.

- which i run back and get, obviously.

i run over to the elevator, which was still in use.

"fuck!!" i scream loudly, pouring the frustration out of my body.

i start running up the stairway again, maybe tripping once or twice.

i make it to the tenth floor, when i realize that level is closed, and i couldn't go any higher on that floor.