Chapter Twenty-Nine - Build God Then We'll Talk

Reagan's POV

"Tell me what?" I questioned softly, knowing exactly what he meant.

"That I..." his voice trailed off, "Have feelings for you..."

"Oh, uh, yeah," I hesitated, "He did."

He suddenly stood up in a huff, pulling off his Santa hat, only to reveal his scraggly, blonde hair that I loved so much.

"Of-fricken-course he told you," he growled, begging to pace back and forth, "Goddammit."

"Gabe," I whispered, standing up and grabbing hold of his tense forearm, "It's okay."

Honestly, when I arrived at the party, I was surprised to see Gabe was single. A man like him... Single?

No girlfriend, no wife... Single.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," he retorted angrily, "You're right. It's okay I have feelings for you, while you don't give a shit about me. I think that's fair, too."

"Gabe..."

"Save it, Reagan," he growled, holding up a hand, "You already know one of my biggest secrets... What else do you want from me?"

I paused as my body began to tremble, and tears burned against my cheeks. I wiped them away quickly, before Gabe could see.

He had no idea how hard this was for me...

"All that matters now, is that you know how I feel..."

As I stopped to think of a meaningful response, he let out a big sigh, "Let's just forget about this, and head back upstairs. Try to have fun..."

I nodded, biting my bottom lip. He removed my hand from his arm and lead me back into the warmth of the condominium.

"Where were you two?" Van questioned from the door as we marched up the stairs to their apartment.

"Does it really--" Gabe paused.

"I just went to make sure he was okay." I said, finally.

"Uh-huh..." Van nodded, furrowing his eyebrows and darting his eyes between Gabe and I.

"Yes," I confirmed, "Can we just go back inside now?"

Van obliged, backing inside to let us through the door.

As we were seated once again, Katy stood up and cleared her throat.

"Matt," she looked at him, "I have a gift for you..."

I grabbed the Santa Claus gift bag from beside my chair and handed it to her.

"Thanks," she muttered, grabbing the bag.

"Open it," she smiled. Tears formed in the corner of her eyes as she handed him the gift. He took it and began tearing at the tissue paper until he grabbed hold of the jumper inside. It said: "Newest Fan" with the Avs logo.

Matt pondered it for a moment, before looking up at Katy, tears beginning to form in his eyes. He stood up quickly and tightened his grip on the jumper, then quickly ran over to Katy and wrapped her in a huge hug.

"Katy, you're--" he paused, "We're going to--"

"We're going to be parents!" she cried, cupping his tear-stained face in her hands.

"Katy, I... I," he hesitated, trying to keep himself together, "I can't believe it!"

He pressed his lips to hers immediately, pulling her closer and closer. They parted for a moment, a smile forming amidst their kiss as a quiet, happy laugh escaped Katy's lips.