007. CHAOS MATH WITH A HINT OF VODKA

╔═══════════════╗

CHAOS MATH WITH A HINT OF VODKA ☂︎︎

╚═══════════════╝

TW: underage(?) drinking

DRIVING DID NOTHING TO EASE HER THOUGHTS that continued to linger from the previous night.

Now, parallel parked where Five had asked her to arrive with Delores in the passenger seat, she was angry, craving a decaf latte and frustrated, wondering how she could possibly search for Klaus. These thoughts made her restless causing her to satisfy the craving for coffee. The local corner store sold it hot and she bought two cups; one decaf for herself, the second black for Five who had yet to show up.

When she arrived back to the van, Five was waiting in the passenger seat, Delores now stationed in the middle compartment. She entered into the driver's seat, handing him the cup of coffee. He groaned in satisfaction, taking a long sip. "Thank you." he said. "I definitely needed that."

"I could tell." she commented, observing the bags under his eyes and the slight disheveledness of his hair. "Where were you?"

"Keeping an eye on good old Lance." he said. He set his coffee down. "What happened with my family?"

"Your house was attacked last night by some demonic looking bunny." she scowled.

He nodded. "Looked like the dude from the Jake Gylenhaal movie?"

She raised her eyebrows. "Exactly."

"The rabbit is Hazel. The dog is Cha Cha. They're here for me." he replied. "Are my siblings okay?"

She nodded, taking a sip of her own coffee. "Why do they want you again?"

"Because I used to work for their employers who monitor all of space time and I pissed them off by trying to stop the apocalypse."

"Right." she sighed, taking a long gulp of her latte. Of course he had managed to piss off the monitors of space time and of course there were monitors of space time. It was the way he laid the statement down so simply that she knew he was being serious. Then again, he wasn't one to joke often.

"Your brother was taken." she mumbled out, thinking of Klaus and how awful she felt that no one knew where he was. "I need a map."

"Why?" he asked before glaring down at Dolores. "No need to be rude."

"So I can find your brother?" she said as though it were the easiest thing to answer in the world. "It seems like no one gives a shit and I've got time on my hands. Where's the nearest library?"

He countered. "I need something first. I'm planning on going there myself so I'll take you but I need you to drive and meet me in front of Lance's office building in fifteen minutes."

She resisted the urge to groan. Here she was, dragging her ass around, driving without a license in order to help his ass save the world from impending doom. Lovely. "Fine." she pushed out. "But you're driving the way back."

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever." He packed Delores back into his bag, disappearing in a blink she was soon beginning to dread seeing as it left her without company and without answers.

---

She had parked outside Lance's office building, the pristine glass windows scattering rays of light abroad the crosswalk. She waited in dull silence, spinning the top against the middle compartment and watching it clunk down with a satisfying thud. The gelato she had bought before leaving the corner store was now seated against her thigh, acting as a coolant in the humid car.