015. SYMPHONY NO. 7 IN ALLEGRO

╔═══════════════╗

SYMPHONY NO. 7 IN ALLEGRO ☂︎︎

╚═══════════════╝

POGO STARED AT THE CHAOS SHE HAD CREATED.

The room had been turned completely upside down. Each of the items in the room had changed peculiarly. The bedsheets were silk instead of cotton, the bed frame rounded instead of squared. The wallpapers, side tables, pillows.

She stared at him nervously. "I'm sorry."

The monkey sighed. "Miss. Beaumont, you have nothing to be sorry for." he stared at the room again, less shocked by her own power outburst than she was. "This moment has been long awaited and I feel as though I owe you an explanation."

She stood up, the contents in the room slowly fading back to normal trailed with a hue of purple. She didn't realize that she needed an explanation. A tremendous amount of events had happened in the course of a week that she had forgotten she'd only just woken from a life-long dream.

Pogo slowly limped over to the bedside, motioning her to sit beside him. She sat, observing his subtle movements. "Along with an explanation I also would like to offer an apology." he sighed. "Master Hargreeves was an interesting man. I do not intend to defend him from your scrutiny. He had... a large fascination with you and your abilities."

Charlotte froze, remembering the story her parents had told her about the man and his money. "When he could not have you he was deeply upset. He monitored your whereabouts closely."

"He knew I was in Vancouver." she finished, fingers rubbing against the sheets.

"Indeed," he assured. "After the unfortunate accident that led to the death of your parents, Master Hargreeves jumped at the opportunity to gain custody of you for his own personal experimentation." he looks up at her sincerely. "I do not necessarily agree with his decision, however what's done is done."

She was silent for a moment, pondering on what to say next. "Why'd he keep me?" she asked. "I read the files. He said I was... uncontrollable."

Pogo pushed himself up on his cane, standing firmly. "Master Hargreeves had a lot of faith in your potential. It was... a calculated risk, as he'd put it." He turned to her, nodding at the open door. "I suggest you head downstairs. I have a feeling your input and company would be appreciated."

He extended his arm curtly, she took it with furrowed brows.

As they steadily went down the numerous flights of stairs the aftermath of her dream washed over her. It felt like a church bell ringing in the distance. Pogo's explanation only added to the jumbled sensation that sat in her stomach. The sense that something was coming.

It was exciting, but slightly nerve-racking.

Once they reached the first floor she could almost tell something was wrong. Voices argued far away. She let go of Pogo's arm, rushing to follow the voices. Nerves bit at her as she ran her fingers against the cool material of the wall, three figures standing at the end.

Luther spotted her first, eyes widening. "Shit."

She moved quicker, pushing past what Luther's figure blocked. Vanya stared back, trapped on the opposite end of a steel door. Her eyes pooled with tears and muted shouts left her lips. Charlotte paused. "What the fuck is she doing in there?" she glared at Luther. "Let her out!"