CHAPTER 23

Taehyung blinked his eyes when Seonghwa, Mingi and Yunho burst into laughter after he introduced himself to them. He failed to understand what's so funny about it that they're laughing until their tears fell onto their cheek.

"Am I missing something?" Taehyung turned towards Jiwon who tried her hardest to stifle a laugh. She didn't want to anger Yeosang but she found it funny too. It's her fault for not telling him but it's not like she wanted to hide it; she just couldn't find the chance to tell him. And Yeosang was obviously sulking over it.

"Sorry. I should just tell you straight away that day." Jiwon bit her lower lips and rubbed the back of her neck as she glanced at Yeosang.

"I told you not to trust me," Wooyoung piped in and he joined the laughter.

"Shut up," Yeosang hissed at him.

"Excuse me. Anyone care to enlighten me?" Taehyung looked at them in confusion. "Jiji, what's so funny?" he asked Jiwon when she too couldn't contain her laughter.

"Look, he even had a nickname for her. Everyone in their sane mind would misunderstand that," Yeosang mumbled and rolled his eyes.

"Mr. Kim Taehyung," Yunho wrapped his arm around Taehyung's shoulder and the latter arched his brows at him. "That sulky boy over there – or should I say, lover boy – is Jiwon's boyfriend." Taehyung's jaw dropped upon hearing the confession.

"That was exactly how I felt," Wooyoung said to Taehyung.

"Was that an insult?" Yeosang glared at Wooyoung.

"Jiji, you have a boyfriend?!" Taehyung held Jiwon's shoulders and shock was registered on his face. He's trying to sink in the information that he just received. His eyes travelled towards Yeosang who was now making a poker face. "Ah, should I be happy or sad about it?"

Everyone except Yeosang burst into a fit of laughter again.

"It's so annoying that I can't get mad at him," Yeosang muttered under his breath.

~

The walk back home was silent and Jiwon kept on stealing glances at Yeosang. She didn't know if he was still mad or he's just tired from working. "Do you want to come to my house?" she asked, breaking the demeaning silence. It had been a few days since he last came to her house – Yeosang had been busy with his night job.

"Sure," he answered shortly, eyes fixed to the front.

Jiwon sighed. "Are you still angry at me?"

"No."

"Then what's with the silence? I told you I'm sorry." She grew tired from his silent treatment.

Yeosang stopped and turned around to face Jiwon who was walking a step behind him. Jiwon abruptly stopped walking and looked up at him. "I was thinking," he told her.

"About what?" Jiwon cocked her eyebrows.

"About giving you a punishment tonight." His lips twitched into a mischievous smirk as he took a step forward and bent his body until his eyes were the same level as hers. "You're making me jealous for days. Was that purposely done?"

"I..." Jiwon gulped as she stepped backward and Yeosang kept on moving forward until her back hit a wall. Yeosang caged her in between his hands. She looked around and there's no one walking pass the street since it's late at night. "I didn't mean it, really. I'd been wanting to tell you that he's my cousin but I didn't get the chance to do so," she gave her reasoning.

"Really?" Yeosang tilted his head to the side. "Why did I feel like you purposely want to test my patience?" He leaned closer until their lips were dangerously close to each other. Jiwon closed her eyes and waited for Yeosang to claim her lips.