CHAPTER 8

Everything seemed casual when Yeonjun decided to join Jiwon and Sua during lunch hour. One would have no idea that they had actually kissed last night. Both of them acted like nothing happened and talked casually.

"I started to think that you might want to join our group?" Sua asked Yeonjun.

"Can I?" Yeonjun chuckled. "I don't really know anyone here."

"I don't mind." Sua folded her arms and looked at both Jiwon and Yeonjun. "I smell something, like something intense."

"What?" Jiwon raised her brows when Sua narrowed her eyes at her.

"You guys have something, don't you? Tell me."

Yeonjun looked at Sua then Jiwon who mouthed 'what' at him. "We had dinner last night, if that's what you're curious about," he answered.

"Only dinner?" Sua pressed. Jiwon was not one to make new friends that easily so it piqued Sua's curiosity as to why that girl didn't mind having Yeonjun around; unless they have something. It was a bizarre situation and she's sure Yuri would think the same too.

"We kissed," Jiwon answered nonchalantly.

Sua gasped and her eyes flickered from Jiwon to Yeonjun - both of them seemed nonchalant about it like it's not even a big deal for them. Did she just find another one belonging in her species?

Well, Sua could understand Jiwon since she might have already kissed all the boys here but Yeonjun? What's with this new guy? Is he a playboy?

"You're making him uncomfortable," Jiwon said when Sua bore her eyes on Yeonjun.

"Thank you. I was about to say the same."

Sua put her fingers on her chin and nodded when she had come to a conclusion. "I'm more than sure that you guys belonged in the same species."

"What do you mean?" Yeonjun asked.

"She thought you and I are the same," Jiwon helped Sua to answer.

"Should I feel grateful or insulted by that?"

"Depends on what you think." Jiwon shrugged and ate her rice.

Yeonjun nodded and took a bite of his rolled kimbap. Silence hung in the air as both Jiwon and Yeonjun continued eating without speaking any words.

"Is it like a normal thing in California? You kiss someone and then act like it's just another form of handshake?" Sua asked.

Yeonjun tilted his head. He didn't know it either; something about Jiwon last night made him want to kiss her. It was like a magnetic pull. He couldn't confirm whether there's a feeling attached. Was it just a lust? Or maybe he did feel something but he didn't know what it was. Love? Yeonjun didn't know what love is; he never felt it before.

What was that kiss for?

His train of thoughts were interrupted when Sua's phone buzzed. She instantly smiled at the caller ID. "Guys, I'm going. Rowoon is waiting for me." She stood up and was ready to leave when she noticed something that amused her.

"You might want to watch your back," Sua whispered to Yeonjun and then left.

Yeonjun cocked his brows and glanced over his shoulder; he couldn't find what Sua was talking about. Of course he couldn't because he was oblivious to Yeosang's stare.

~

"I thought Jiwon would come today," Seonghwa said as he and Yeosang cleaned up the cafe. He was actually waiting for Jiwon because he wanted her to try their new sandwich recipe and see her reaction to it. Jiwon seemed to be a fan of their cafe's sandwiches so Seonghwa thought she would be a good critic. He was disappointed when she didn't show up today.